Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,265   Posts: 1,534,320   Online: 775

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    In 2000 I bought an FE2, plus 24, 50 and 135 mm AIS lenses. I should have stopped there, but proceded to buy $$$$ worth of Nikon AF and more recently digital gear. However, to this day, the combination of the FE2, primes, and good slide films gives me the best results. When there is action, and I have to be quick, I'll use the F100. The only one of the susequent purchases that gets a lot of use is a 35 mm f2 AI lens - it has more or less replaced the 50 mm. The 135 mm AIS lens is used a lot for street photography.

I can't recommend the FE2 highly enough.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bought one new in mid 80s, used it all through college, my first corporate job, my first business venture, and about 18 years later, after it having been dropped several times and traveled extensively by car, motorcycles, and planes, I decided it'd had enough. I retired it and I took a break from photography for about two years.

Then I went digital but it was not the same. It just felt empty and pointless. I liked the FE2 so much that I considered getting a used one but since I tend to keep cameras for decades, I decided I'd better get something different.

It's a great camera and, if you find one in good condition, it won't let you down.
    Miguel Asensio
    photos, motos & autos
    -------------------------

Shooter
    35mm
    A talented local botanist/photographer has an FE2 as his main camera from new. He has taken it abroad numerous times, from Central American rainforests and the Mid-West USA to the Mediterranean and Scotland (though that's not abroad), and finds it totally intuitive to use.

I would suggest that, if it fits your purpose and you like it, then buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only things I am not crazy about with the FE2, and these are Nikon design features that apply to not only the FE2, are 1) no metering until you advance to frame #1 (I like to squeeze an extra frame on at the front of a roll) and 2) the meter needle is quite hard to see in dim light (an LED readout like with the FM/FM2 is much easier to use here). But I echo everyone's praise of this camera; it's a real classic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin