Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,685   Online: 894

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax MX update

Well my friend Colleen got the MX. It is a well used but not abused camera. Thanks for the heads up Jerry Thisty (re:electronics). Although the hot shoe is dead the PC plug works and the meter doesn't activate when the shutter is locked.
    Armed with this information I was able to get a good deal. The MX ,a 50mm 1.2 Pentax lens,power winder and a fully functional Ricoh KR-5. All for $80.00.Sweet.

Colleen is now looking for a medium zoom lens.I gave her an old 135mm but she likes the midrange glass. Something like a 35-80mm. Suggestions?

Thanks All for your replies
    Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a SMC Pentax-M 35-70. It's a dog. A heavy one too.

Shooter
    35mm
    A Tamron 35-70mm BBAR Macro is a decent and cheaper option. The one I have has served me well for many years.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Zooms have advantages, but there ain't no free lunch. They are heavy, slow, and almost always underperform a prime. She might consider the Pentax 85mm 1.8 M (or K) lens, it is a great performer, fast, light compared to a zoom, and works really well with the small MX.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an SMC pentax 40-80 F2.8 for my MX and it works quite well despite a small amount of peripheral fungus. Was thinking of listing on ebay as most of my 35mm kit is nikon. You could have it for postage cost if you're interested.

Glenn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin