Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,388   Online: 878

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Pentax Primes, Limited Edition, experiences ?

Still thinking about a manual SLR plus a set of primes these above mentioned lenses came to my mind recently, I really had forgotten that they are still offered.
    Together with a MZ-M , which is still sold new from stock over here in Germany, they would make a nice combo, 31 an 77 for example.

Does anybody own ( and work ) with these lenses and could she/he tell me something about the pros and cons ?

Thanks in advance !

bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    Medium Format

Pentax Lenses

Hello!

I own and use two limited edition-lenses by pentax (43mm; 77mm) with my Pentax MZ5N. In my opinion these lenses are really a fine work - it is a delight to work with, and I like the smooth operation.

Beside this, the optical and technical performance are very good, even at opened f-stop the sharpness in the edges are uncomparably better than any "standard lenses" can provide.

The K-mount allows you to use them even on older pentax cameras, e.g. I like them on my 38 years old K 1000, but of course you loose all automatic functions (autofocus, etc.).

Best regards from Austria!

Giova

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by giova View Post
    Hello!
    I own and use two limited edition-lenses by pentax (43mm; 77mm) with my Pentax MZ5N. In my opinion these lenses are really a fine work - it is a delight to work with, and I like the smooth operation.
    Beside this, the optical and technical performance are very good, even at opened f-stop the sharpness in the edges are uncomparably better than any "standard lenses" can provide.
    Best regards from Austria!

Giova
    Hi Giova,
    thanks a lot for your answer, it is confirming my expectations ! Funny, I found them first by chance on Pentax.at, where even the MZ5N was offered. Haven't found any dealer in Germany excepted Foto Koch.

I still guess why they are so seldom used, they are some of the very few top quality SLR primes left which you still can buy new.

Beste Grüsse,

bertram
    www.bersac.de
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have 43 mm f1.9, find it very good - sharp and with flat field even at big apertures. In the UK, though, I don't know of any dealer still selling Pentax film cameras and special lenses, so if you want one of these lenses, don't wait! Schnell zugreifen, solange Vorrat reicht!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    Have 43 mm f1.9, find it very good - sharp and with flat field even at big apertures. In the UK, though, I don't know of any dealer still selling Pentax film cameras and special lenses, so if you want one of these lenses, don't wait! Schnell zugreifen, solange Vorrat reicht!

Regards,

David
    Hello David!
    Hello Betram!

I think you will get the discussed lenses everywhere, because any dealer can order it directly by Pentax in Hamburg/ Germany. So did I at my preferred dealer in Austria. It only depends on the lenses being in stock; as far as I know, they still are.

If it will help you, Betram, I could ask my dealer; he will have the information within some minutes!

I am very surprised on David's good German (I have only Betram expected to speak German, because of the ".de-adress").

I am from Austria and send you best regards (autumn has started - with a lot of rain and temperatures at 10 degrees Celsius; but the next sunny weekend will come to make some pictures out in the autumn-landscape).

Johannes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    :o Excuse me, I know it's Bertram!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin