Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,053   Online: 871

Shooter
    35mm

Batteries for Older Cameras

I have been looking at older cameras recently and I wondered about battery availability. For example, the Nikon F metered prism heads; can any new button type 1.5V battery be used with it without causing any damage? The original specs for the metered prism head called for two 1.5V batteries. My guess (assumption) is that any 1.5 V battery made today will work provided it fits in the battery chamber. Any thoughts on this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    I have been looking at older cameras recently and I wondered about battery availability. For example, the Nikon F metered prism heads; can any new button type 1.5V battery be used with it without causing any damage? The original specs for the metered prism head called for two 1.5V batteries. My guess (assumption) is that any 1.5 V battery made today will work provided it fits in the battery chamber. Any thoughts on this?
    http://medfmt.8k.com/bronbattery.html

Try this place.....has loads about camera batteries..
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the link!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Try www.paulbg.com/Nikon_F_meter_batteries.htm
    JeffW.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Elox View Post
    Thanks Jeff! I went to that link and purchased a set of batteries with adaptors for my F. I also learned that the voltage for the FTN meter head is not 1.5, but 1.3 instead. Thanks again!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use these adapters in several older cameras and meters. They are a simple solution and since the Z-A batteries give you closer to the proper voltage and discharge curve of the original Mercury batteries.

BTW, I just watch for the local Walgreens pharmacy to have hearing aid batteries on sale and stock up. Much cheaper than Wein Cells and I get about the same life from either. And f I forget to remove a battery and it dies, you don't get the normal battery corrosion problem.
    JeffW.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Elox View Post
    I use these adapters in several older cameras and meters. They are a simple solution and since the Z-A batteries give you closer to the proper voltage and discharge curve of the original Mercury batteries.

BTW, I just watch for the local Walgreens pharmacy to have hearing aid batteries on sale and stock up. Much cheaper than Wein Cells and I get about the same life from either. And f I forget to remove a battery and it dies, you don't get the normal battery corrosion problem.
    Thanks! I did go out and purchase the Wein batteries as well, just to play it safe.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin