Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 1000

Shooter
    35mm RF

Bobinquick/Adorama film loader instructions

Hi there

I've recently acquired a secondhand film loader, called a "Konica Hi-Loader" which appears to be a rebadged Bobinquick/Adorama/AP (see link below for a picture). I was wondering if anyone has instructions or could answer a few questions? I get the general idea of it (have a Watson loader as well), but there are a few things I am unsure about:

1. The loader came with a handle (worked that one out!) but also included a separate spindle/spike shaped piece of plastic around 2.5cm long which has a screw thread in at one end. The only place this fits is the bulk film shaft itself (??).

2. On the opposite side to where the handle enters the loader is a small access hole with a screw in cover. I'm not sure of the purpose of this.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

Andrew

Picture of loader: http://www.adorama.com/BLAA.html?sea...ader&item_no=2

Images
    That's the one that I use and I like it very much. No idea what the the parts that you describe would be.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got an AP Bobbinquick, but it doesn't seem have that "mystery" spike. I've heard of the same part from other Bobbinquick users.

Jay
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedes_sl1970 View Post

1. The loader came with a handle (worked that one out!) but also included a separate spindle/spike shaped piece of plastic around 2.5cm long which has a screw thread in at one end. The only place this fits is the bulk film shaft itself (??).
    If this is what I think it is [sorry I only use Alden/Watson style] then it's for the bulk film shaft. Some films come on different size cores. If you need it you use it if not you just hold on to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    a "little" late but nevertheless... the spiky thing is used for guidance of the bulk roll, so it can be inserted easier. the other piece... it needs to be there so there isn't any light going in when you load the cartridge with film.
    what i couldn't figure out was how to set the initial length of film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin