Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,786   Online: 777

Shooter
    35mm

Rewinding Film Crank Broke on my Canon AE-1.

On my Canon AE-1 the film rewinding crank came out when i went to pull it up to rewind the film. When i shake the camera i hear something rattling around inside, any ideas on what to do?

Thanks Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papisa View Post
    On my Canon AE-1 the film rewinding crank came out when i went to pull it up to rewind the film. When i shake the camera i hear something rattling around inside, any ideas on what to do?

Thanks Mike.
    On my AE1, I don't pull up to rewind... There is a film release button on the bottom. Push that button and wind the crank without pulling up. I think pulling up has disconnected the the shaft from the film cartridge. Pull up is to remove the film after the film door is open. I would try to push the crank back down while turning to reingage the shaft without opening the film door.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    35mm
    Just rewind the film using the rewinding knob, and take it to the nearest camera repair shop. This is a very easy task, I believe it shouldn't require any parts.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin