Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,637   Posts: 1,623,160   Online: 887

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I could not track a running dog with my autofocus EOS, so I'm not sure how much luck I would have with a motorbike... Do some reading on shooting sports events. Picking your point and pre-focussing before the bikes reach that point seems to be the way to go, so stick with manual focus.

Have fun, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All good advice. Got me thinking, though. If I prefocus-why can't I just use my Bronica ETRSi? I like the bigger negatives. Get some 400 speed film (or push my Efke) and go with it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's the spirit!! Long/fast lenses are nice for sports, are you comparably equiped in MF lenses? Shooting jumpin' horses, I'd use a 105mm at the shortest, but most frequently the 300mm hung on the front of the body...oh those are 35mm lengths.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you using a Waist level finder or a Prismfinder on your Bronica?
    WLF can be a pain to use when tracking moving objects. Can you get in close at e.g. jumps so you can use a normal lens?
    Regarding the AF FD Question. Canon changed the lensmount and remowed the aperturering when going AF so the systems are incompatible. There is an adapter for FD lenses on EOS bodies though. Nikon AF lenses mounts on MF bodies but you still loose the Auto focus which as mentioned is quite useless shooting this type of subjects anyway.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Prism Finder on my Bronica. It's the AE-III (I think that's the name) and I find it's pretty easy to use.

I couldn't imagine tracking moing objects with a waist level finder. I'm not that coordinated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin