Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,101   Online: 857

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Braxus - Enjoyed the camera history of your life so far. I think many of us are also occasionally tempted to lay out our camera history, because to each of us there is real adventure involved with each experience, some good, some bad - tho if we elaborated I suspect everybody would leave the party. I managed your story just fine, but had dig to find the questions, three, I guess:

1 - "I not long ago bought a cell phone with a 2 megapixel camera in it. Does that even count as a real camera?" Answer: Hell No and see #3

2 - "... I'm running out of places to put all these, and not to mention my cost of insurance will skyrocket for replacement value. Is this a camera sickness I've picked up?" Answer: Yes. Join the party. Go broke

3 - "I realize this is a 35mm forum, but this would apply to any format camera that you may own." I assume "this" reads as "insanity of acquisition", and your sentence is meant as a question. That the case, within the warm, all-analog-camera heart of APUG, the answer is: The more cameras (of any kind) you have, the crazier you are. A good thing.

Bruce
    Last edited by bruce terry; 10-10-2006 at 02:45 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    35mm: Olympus XA, Ricoh P&S, Nikon FM2n, Kiev 4A, (soon to be) Zeiss Ikon
    Medium Format: Hasselblad 501CM, Rolleicord III, Graflex 22
    Large Format: Just a twinkle in the eye
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    3, pentax spotmatic, canon t50 and konica autoreflex
    More if P&s counts
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    35: Four Minolta SRTs
    LF: Burke & James 4x5 monorail

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quite a few, although I quit counting a couple of years ago. Much more than most but not nearly as many as some but certainly more than I need.

Six Rolleiflexes, I think. Seven or eight Ikoflexes. Two Contax II, three or five Contax IIa, two or three Contax IIIa, a bunch of Retinas (no duplicates), several Super Ikonta C cameras, numerous folders (Agfa, Zeiss Ikon and Kodak/Nagel mostly), several Rollei 35 (B, T and S too), four Box Tengors, a Super Nettel, Nettax 35mm, Tenax II, East German Tenax, a couple of Contarex, a Rolleiflex SL 35 E, SL26 and SL66 and several more here and there that I know I've missed.

I dumped all my Leica M stuff ... too heavy and the offensive elitism of some Leica users sort of turned me off on the brand. I still have a IIIf with a Summitar.

I go back and forth on unloading my Agfas and/or Voigtlanders (pre-1970 stuff).

I guess I have about 20 or 30 favorites: Contax IIa, Super Ikonta C, Nettax 35mm rangefinder, Tenax II, Zeiss Ikon (the new one), some of the Rolleiflex TLRs, my original Nikons and others that cycle in and out of the user pile.

I have a Nikon S out on loan, and I sold my Cosina Voigtlander Bessa-R.

Four cameras that I want to finish restoring and use: Miroflex 9x12, Contaflex TLR, National Graflex Series II, 6x9 Mess Ikonta.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    ekekm: "I dumped all my Leica M stuff ... too heavy and the offensive elitism of some Leica users sort of turned me off on the brand. I still have a IIIf with a Summitar."

See? Can't let it go can you? You just had to tell. ;¬)

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 7. 3 R series Leica, 1 Rollei 35S, 1 Rolleiflex 12/24 3.5F, 1 Mamiya 7II, 1 Linhof Technikardan 45S. Just don't ask how many lenses.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    35mm cameras, this being the 35mm forum? I just have one these days--A Canon "New" F-1 that I bought new around 1983.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2 M/F Mamiya
    2 SLR Canon
    1 35mm compact Minox
    1 R/F Contax 2
    1 Voigtlander Vito B
    Last edited by benjiboy; 10-11-2006 at 12:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2 SLR: Pentax K1000, Nikon N65
    1 120: Forgot the name, el cheapo camera that's fun (Made by Sunbeam?)
    3 620's: 1 Brownie Hawkeye with Flash, 1 Kodak Duaflex II, 1 Kodak Duaflex III
    1 127: Kodak Brownie Special, works really well
    1 Rangefinder: Good 'ole Argus brick that was in great shape

Would like:
    MF/LF Graflex, or build my own
    James Denney

"(Insert witty/meaningful/inspirational/silly comment here)" - J. Denney

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin