Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,555   Online: 953

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    35/2; 50/1.4; 85/2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I may do a 35mm...depends on what prices I can get on the lenses. The 24, 50, and 105 are a given, though.

Oh, and the 50mm is a must in my kit. It is my go-to lens for almost everything.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    I may do a 35mm...depends on what prices I can get on the lenses. The 24, 50, and 105 are a given, though.

Oh, and the 50mm is a must in my kit. It is my go-to lens for almost everything.
    Can't remember exactly what you shoot, but a 20/35/85 kit is pretty versatile and shouldn't break the bank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about 28/ 50/ 105 Micro?
    The close-focusing of the 28 AIS is not to be sniffed at! Personally, I no longer have a Nikkor 50; but I do have a 58 1.2... Those few extra phew mm make all the difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 105/1.8 is a tempting lens, but I'm trying to stay budget conscious
    Hey Steph...why not skip groceries this week? Pull out all the food stuffs that are sitting (and have been sitting for some time) in the back of your cabinets... and consume that. Camera equipment must always come first!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I will have a Nikon FE coming my way very shortly...but only the body and no lenses. I'm going to be looking for two in the next few weeks, both primes: a normal 50mm prime and a wider lens, possibly something 20-28mm. I'd like to stick to Nikkors and I'd like to stick to the AI versions of the lenses. The 50mm is pretty much down to the f/1.4 version...that's the lens I had before and I took most of my best photos (IMO) with that lens. That leaves me the wide...uncharted territory for me. Give me your picks for a relatively cheap and decently fast (at least 2.8) wide prime, please?
    La donne e mobile. Si no e vero, e ben trovato.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you can get a 24, do it instead of a 28.

Then a 35 and a 50 plus a 105 will cover just about all the bases.

The faster you can get gives you "room" for adding an "extender" and still have good speed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin