Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,518   Online: 796

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon F2as or Leica R6

Nikon F2as or Leica R6
    I wish to have full mechanical camera and intend to get one. The choice is between F2as Nikon which I never had in my hand, and Leica R6 which is also very fine camera. The most important thing, this moment, is reliability. Regardless lenses can someone express his experience with F2as or even with both.
    Thanks

www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    mechanically the F2 is a brick house

I still own my first F2

can't speak for the R6

the question is how are you going to be using either camera?

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both the F2 and lenses for the F2 will likely be more affordable, if price is an issue.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    And, Sover Wong can fully maintain the F2 for a long, long time. Search for his info about repair, he did an F2A for me that is now so nice, like new, with excellent prices especially for what he does. I'm pretty certain that repair and maintance issuses would be more expensive for the Leica. You may also want to talk to either DAG repair or Sherry Krautner (sp?) about the R series Leica, they'll have more real info about the longeveity of each model. I'd go the F2 route.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    You may also want to talk to either DAG repair or Sherry Krautner (sp?) about the R series Leica, they'll have more real info about the longeveity of each model. I'd go the F2 route.
    Sherry Krauter:
    http://www.sherrykrauter.com/

Don A. Goldberg
    http://www.dagcamera.com/

Don recently did a CLA on an R3 and 50 Summicron-R set for me, first service it needed with 27 years of moderately heavy use, and for well under $200 including shipping. The lens was disassembled and re-lubed.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 10-13-2006 at 04:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_OB View Post
    Nikon F2as or Leica R6
    I wish to have full mechanical camera and intend to get one. The choice is between F2as Nikon which I never had in my hand, and Leica R6 which is also very fine camera. The most important thing, this moment, is reliability. Regardless lenses can someone express his experience with F2as or even with both.
    Thanks

www.Leica-R.com
    For a SLR I cannot recommend Nikon highly enough - especially the F2. The F mount lenses are inexpensive and usually very good. If you need "german glass" - Zeiss makes some new F mount lenses that are supposed to be pretty good.

While I do not have a F2A, I have a FM2 and love it - it is a real workhorse, and good lenses can be had for not very much money.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bought my R4 somewhere in the early eighties and apart from needing new light seals it has never let me down...and...uh..can I sing the praises of the Leica glass?

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz View Post
    Bought my R4 somewhere in the early eighties and apart from needing new light seals it has never let me down...and...uh..can I sing the praises of the Leica glass?

Hans
    Same with my '86 R4s, so I had no repairs to comment on. Cost of new pre-cut seals from Leica was about US$11 and did it myself.

You can sing about the glass, but you could end up feeling like you're observing seder in a mosque.... perhaps a bit underappreciated.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had a Leica R4S modified to an R4SP, still have an R4SP, an R7 and a R8. All have been very reliable with little problem over the many years. I have not used a Leica R6 or the updated R6.2. Both should be very fine and reliable cameras. As to the Leica glass- they are superb. You will not be disappointed. The feel and operation of Leica lenses mechanically is legendary. No mechanical 35mm or medium format feel and operate like Leica lenses. They use self lubricating helixes of brass on aluminum.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F2AS. I still have mine. One of the finest cameras ever made IMO.

Steve

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin