Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,321   Posts: 1,536,859   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minolta SRT200

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    The best thing about minolta manual focus SLR bodies is that you can so easily use all that fine Minolta glass with 'em. Every camera repair guy I've ever talked to raves about the Minolta SRT line...I honestly don't know why. I do love the glass though. Minolta manual focus lenses are some of the most under rated lenses I can think of.

Many folks over look the 45mm f/2 but, it is incredibly sharp, compact and light weight. Load with film and enjoy.

I do love manual focus, I like manual! with auto.. it's harder to achive exactly what you want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Flash, Should I get one?
    It's a personal thing. Depends on how and what you shoot. I've used my flash maybe a half dozen times in almost forty years. Others use flash all the time and couldn't get by without it.

BTW, the Minolta SRTs are great cameras. I still shoot the first one I bought in 1968!
    Also, a fellow named John Titterington (email: JTCamera@aol.com) is a great repair tech -- in case your meter gets stuck or the shutter bearings dry out. He's a whiz with SRTs! Very reasonable prices, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bob01721 View Post
    It's a personal thing. Depends on how and what you shoot. I've used my flash maybe a half dozen times in almost forty years. Others use flash all the time and couldn't get by without it.

BTW, the Minolta SRTs are great cameras. I still shoot the first one I bought in 1968!
    Also, a fellow named John Titterington (email: JTCamera@aol.com) is a great repair tech -- in case your meter gets stuck or the shutter bearings dry out. He's a whiz with SRTs! Very reasonable prices, too.
    I am mainly out-doors, and night landscapes.

But thanks for the input! if you have any images taken from a SRT200 let me kno!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The thing I like about the SRT and other cameras of this era is the match needle exposure system. You can see exactly what changing the exposure values will do. It's a great camera to learn on.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good solid camera, especially nice if you wear glasses.

Shooter
    35mm

Jphn Titterington

Quote Originally Posted by bob01721 View Post

Found this page YEARS after it was posted, but John Titterington is still working on SRTs, and also occasionally sells them on eBay. In addition to cleaning them and making everything right, he also calibrates the meters to work with modern batteries, which is a far better alternative than the Wein cells most people use.

I had an SRT200 with 45/2 back in the late 1970s, and just bought another one from John. It is OUTSTANDING.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 45/2 is my favorite car show lens, quick focus and very sharp.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great camera. Try www.keh.com
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin