Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,717   Online: 799

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minolta SRT200

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta SRT200

I have recently picked up a Minolta SRT200 camera, Not even sure of there year. IT has a 45MM 1:2 lense on it. I was just given the camera, didn't come with any lense

My questions are:

Has anyone else used these cameras, and if so, How good are they?

2: Were can I get some lenses?

3. Do I have to buy a special type of film for it?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot with the SRT series for years, in fact my first cameras that I worked with were SRT 100 and an SRT 200...I still have several lenses that work on this body all the way from 28mm to 200mm that I could be talked out of cheap, as far as film any 35mm film will work in it, the 45mm lens that you say is on it, is a great lens to start learning with..if you have the SRT and a lens, pick up some film and start taking pictures, and keep hanging out here, you will learn real quick.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    I shot with the SRT series for years, in fact my first cameras that I worked with were SRT 100 and an SRT 200...I still have several lenses that work on this body all the way from 28mm to 200mm that I could be talked out of cheap, as far as film any 35mm film will work in it, the 45mm lens that you say is on it, is a great lens to start learning with..if you have the SRT and a lens, pick up some film and start taking pictures, and keep hanging out here, you will learn real quick.

Dave
    Do you have any of them scanned by any chance? I'd like to see

Thanks for the help. I sent you a PM
    Last edited by dana44; 10-16-2006 at 02:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have three SRTs (and a 4th that was damaged beyond repair, but that's another story. )

They are great, old cameras. Special film? No, they're 35mm. Lenses? All over Ebay, KEH, used camera shops. You need Minolta MC or MD mount. As cheap as they are, you might as well get Minolta lenses IMO.

The big downside is that the proper batteries for these cameras are no longer available, but there are modern substitutes, assuming the meter even works. However, the camera works without a battery - just no meter.

See:

http://www.rokkorfiles.com/

http://members.aol.com/manualminolta/index.htm

Have fun!
    Last edited by David Brown; 10-16-2006 at 08:03 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added url's

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    I have three SRTs (and a 4th that was damaged beyond repair, but that's another story. )

They are great, old cameras. Special film? No, they're 35mm. Lenses? All over Ebay, KEH, used camera shops. You need Minolta MC or MD mount. As cheap as they are, you might as well get Minolta lenses IMO.

The big downside is that the proper batteries for these cameras are no longer available, but there are modern substitutes, assuming the meter even works. However, the camera works without a battery - just no meter.

See:

http://www.rokkorfiles.com/

http://members.aol.com/manualminolta/index.htm

Have fun!
    What exactly is the meter for ???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1. Excellent
    2. eBay (MC/MD mounting type)
    3. 35mm roll film (Agfa, Kodak, Fuji, color, B&W, print, slide)
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by flash19901 View Post
    1. Excellent
    2. eBay (MC/MD mounting type)
    3. 35mm roll film (Agfa, Kodak, Fuji, color, B&W, print, slide)
    Oh, Thanks! That clears it up for me

Flash, Should I get one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    What exactly is the meter for ???
    It's a light meter. To measure the light.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    It's a light meter. To measure the light.
    Ah, thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The best thing about minolta manual focus SLR bodies is that you can so easily use all that fine Minolta glass with 'em. Every camera repair guy I've ever talked to raves about the Minolta SRT line...I honestly don't know why. I do love the glass though. Minolta manual focus lenses are some of the most under rated lenses I can think of.

Many folks over look the 45mm f/2 but, it is incredibly sharp, compact and light weight. Load with film and enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin