Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,804   Online: 957

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus 8 View Post
    My Pentax Program + is in the shop right now, primarily for that reason (fine for some shots, underexposed for others) The metering system needed "reconditioning" according to my repair tech.

I just bought a P3n for peanuts to tide me over - hoping that it doesn't suffer the same fate, and you never can have too many bodies, right?
    Quoting myself because it was quite a while ago I typed the above...

The Program + came back, but it still read low - but at least it was consistently so. I was told by the repairman that was all he could do and that he could adjust it no more.

My cure? It seems if I have ASA 200 film in it, if I set it for 400 and the meter is bang-on. I was at a family event and my brother-in-law with his K-1000, my friend with his SuperProgram and my P3n metered the scene exactly the same with the same given the same subject matter, so I played with the settings until the meter read "right".

It's been giving me great shots ever since.
    Taurus 8

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've always found the meter on my MV to be bang on. My wife did however have a similar problem with her Canon T90 when using her 85mm lens. It turned out to be oil on the aperture blades in the lens. They were sticking and would not shut down quick enough to effectively cut down the light. Hence over exposed negs.

If you are only using one lens, or the problem is only apparent when using one particular lens, check this angle out. It may not be the camera at all.
    Last edited by Eric Rose; 12-01-2007 at 02:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    ME does not have a manual over ride....I don t think...if the auto goes out you have only one speed,,,125? Could be wrong about that.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got one of those from a colleague that moved to digital.
    Put a couple of batteries on and the meter seems to be OK.
    Have not shot with it but will kee the comment in mind.

The mechanic speed is 1/125 in the ME Super and 1/100 in the ME, MV and MG
    Mama took my APX away.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin