Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,058   Online: 1106
      
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Keep us up to date on your adventure.
    Will do.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    103
    Camera Arrived Thursday.. Finished a roll of film.. will turn it into the 1hr photo ASAP. The light meter works, too. I am mainly have been using the Telephoto lense.. I just don't like the regular 55MM lense.. lol.

  3. #13
    JBrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,780
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    Camera Arrived Thursday.. Finished a roll of film.. will turn it into the 1hr photo ASAP. The light meter works, too. I am mainly have been using the Telephoto lense.. I just don't like the regular 55MM lense.. lol.
    Congratulations!! Hope things work well. You may come to appreciate the normal lens more as the bokehitis is treated. soon you may be wanting a 28, or even a 24...hehehehe.

    Whats next? a darkroom?

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Congratulations!! Hope things work well. You may come to appreciate the normal lens more as the bokehitis is treated. soon you may be wanting a 28, or even a 24...hehehehe.

    Whats next? a darkroom?

    LOL.. I wish I could have a darkroom, alas.. I live with my parents

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woonsocket, RI USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    LOL.. I wish I could have a darkroom, alas.. I live with my parents
    It's surprising how well you can do with a "portable" darkroom that you put up in a bathroom and then take down when you're done. There are lots of discussions about this in other threads here, so you may want to try doing a search on "bathroom darkroom" or something similar. If you get a real desire to do your own enlargements, you should look into this. You might also have access to a darkroom at school or something. Finally, just developing film into negatives doesn't require a true darkroom; it just takes a few pieces of equipment (a developing tank with reels, beakers or measuring cups, thermometer, etc.), a dark place in which to load the film into the tank (a closet will do), and a supply of photochemistry. You can do the actual processing in a bathroom, laundry room, etc.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    It's surprising how well you can do with a "portable" darkroom that you put up in a bathroom and then take down when you're done. There are lots of discussions about this in other threads here, so you may want to try doing a search on "bathroom darkroom" or something similar. If you get a real desire to do your own enlargements, you should look into this. You might also have access to a darkroom at school or something. Finally, just developing film into negatives doesn't require a true darkroom; it just takes a few pieces of equipment (a developing tank with reels, beakers or measuring cups, thermometer, etc.), a dark place in which to load the film into the tank (a closet will do), and a supply of photochemistry. You can do the actual processing in a bathroom, laundry room, etc.

    LOL, sadly.. parents are very up-tight. I've already talked to them about a portable darkroom, once I got to the part about buying the processing chemicals they said hell no... i offerd to buy them myself.. but yea.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    103




  8. #18

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woonsocket, RI USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    LOL, sadly.. parents are very up-tight. I've already talked to them about a portable darkroom, once I got to the part about buying the processing chemicals they said hell no... i offerd to buy them myself.. but yea.
    That's too bad. Are you a student? If so, perhaps there's a darkroom at your school that you could use. If not, and if you can't find anything else, then I suppose you'll have to stick to commercial photofinishing. That worked for me for about 30 years....

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    103
    The only picture that came out right.. i photoshopped it to black and white and adjusted the brightness


  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    103
    Okay, about the aperture and ISO settings, I've been finding myself playing with that alot according to how my light changes.. I have no flash on it.. so yea.

    I've left the aperture at 4.5 since I started taking pictures. The meter works, and I assume when the light is green that means I've gotten the lighting/ISO speed correct? I am currently using ISO 400 film

    Next question:

    I know what the ISO speeds are, but wtf is the other numbers:

    example on mine

    B 1 2 4 8 15 30 60 125 (which is in RED) 250 500 1000 2000

    I have to kinda pull up on the knob to select my ISO, but I really don't know what the other numbers are.. and my stupid local book store has nothing on photography.

    Also, is it bad to play with the ISO settings alot while taking pictures? I take pictures ranging from BRIGHT SUNLIGHT.. to dimmer situations such as woods.

    Another thing, when I put it on the B setting, The shutter stays open as long as I hold the button down.. .and closes when I let go.. is this bad?

    Sorry.. I am a really big newbie to Manual cameras.. I have the basic idea of how to use them...

    I've just been changing the ISO according to the light meter.. when it's green I snap the picture

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin