Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,418   Online: 1040

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    To fix a light leak, you first need to find the source of the light leak. That can be a frustrating experience because there are so many possibilities and they can be difficult to detect by eye. I've seen light leaks around the edges of shutters, through ill-fitting shutter blades, around the edges of doors, and around a loose strap lug. Once you've identified the source of the leak you can try fixing it, although some fixes are easier than others. For instance, I just epoxied the loose strap lug to fix that leak; but I've not even attempted to fix the leak around some ill-fitting shutter blades on another camera.

One common source of light leaks is deteriorated light-proofing around the camera's back. Most cameras use felt or foam rubber as a light-proofing seal around the edges of the door, and this can deteriorate over time. You can buy replacement foam, remove the old stuff, and replace it. I bought a kit from the eBay seller interslice and have been quite satisfied with it. The kit was reasonably priced and came with clear instructions. That said, materials are pretty basic and you could probably pick them up in many hobby shops, but it's good to have everything in reasonable quantities and with instructions for use. I've used my kit to replace a couple of cameras' light seals with good results.
    In addition to the above, I did notice and you did mention that the hot shoe is detached from the camera. It is possible that light is coming in through the top of the prism, and is causing the leak right as the shutter is fired and the mirror is flipping up. Try covering the hole with opaque tape, and see if it goes away.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    In addition to the above, I did notice and you did mention that the hot shoe is detached from the camera. It is possible that light is coming in through the top of the prism, and is causing the leak right as the shutter is fired and the mirror is flipping up. Try covering the hole with opaque tape, and see if it goes away.

Yea, the Hot shoe is broken off, I need to get it fixed. But yea, I'll throw some tape over it and see if that will fix it.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kalimar K-90 1000 TTL SLR (TEST PHOTOS)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin