Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,825   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    Ignoring emails etc. when things go wrong seems to be a habit of his (and that's putting the best possible view on things - my own opinion is somewhat more severe...) : http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8861.html & http://www.photo.net/neighbor/view-o...=Camera+Hunter

Get your CC company to do a chargeback and leave as much negative feedback around as you can.

Good luck, Bob.
    On the photo.net one, it said the customer left a death threat on his answering machine
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

No problems here

Several days ago I used eBay Buy-It-Now for a Nikon SC-11 sync cord from this seller. I paid $9.99 for it, about half what the local dealer wants. Shipping was $2. It arrived today, and was just as described. Not a big deal, I know, but he was quick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that he should rename his site - "95% okay, the rest are out of luck" would work.

If you are in the fortunate 95% who get the right item - you are happy.

If you are in the other 5%, "so sad, too bad".

The exact percentage is I am sure different, but the percentage of unsatisfied buyers is very significant.

I just wish I got my filters, my strap, and my cord - either that or my (almost $100.00) back .

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    I have bought from him for a long time - from when he had just started up to now and have never had a problem and items were always shipped quickly. I'm guessing maybe 15 transactions over the years.

Not that it's an excuse but sometimes the "automated seller software" that some sellers use could have some glitches too.

Send any emails through the listing page that you bought off of instead of trying to reply to automated threads - this way it isolates the item in question & the email will be sent both to his ebay inbox as well as his direct email.

I have bought & sold on ebay for over 4 years now & have over a 600 rating @ 100% - I feel it's mostly due to the fact that I do not use any automated seller software.

Try emailing him through the listing page & see if you get a response.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bad memory is a terrible thing. It took a bit to put together where I had gotten the poor feedback for Mr. Wombacher. Back in May, I ordered an Op-Tech strap for my Mamiya RB's. Paid immediately on fleabay (as I always do at the completion of a transaction) and received some very nicely worded order confirmations. Here is what it said, and is ominously presages the complaints that keep popping up:

Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 8:20 PM
    To: spectrabird
    Subject: Thank you for your payment for # 7615655293 (Transaction #507880230) OPTECHSuper Pro Strap Mamiya RB67 RZ67 1000S 645 ~NEW~

Thank you for using my checkout service. I never thought I would actually use an automated service but my sales are to high to work normal hours and get everything shipped. I have done this so I can serve my customers better, faster, and with the highest quality of merchandise and care.

I assure you I am here, I am a one man show and using these automated tools will allow me to spend more time with my family. If there is a problem anywhere down the line I will be here to personally take care of it.

As stated in my auction description I will ship within 2 days of your receiving this email.

I will notify you with another email to let you know I have shipped.

Thank you,

David

My website is a neat one!

www.thecamerahunter.com

I also have a new storefront at

http://www.auctionworks.com/awstore/camerahunter

No confirming mail was sent, and one email later (unanswered) as to where my order was, almost three weeks later the strap arrived. It did not properly fit on the camera mounting studs. I emailed about the product being faulty and received a nasty email accusing me of being clueless and ordering the wrong strap. This I fixed by filing the opening on the clip a little more. It was a quality control problem... And to top it off, the price of the strap was $6 cheaper on his online store over his fleabay offerings, billed as "lowest price around". Bah....
    Cheers,

Patrick

When you come to a fork in the road, take it...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for posting this thread. I think it is a wake-up call for many who blindly trust online vendors just because the seem to have something we like at a bargain price. I have been reluctant to buy anything on fleabay. I know many have gotten outstanding deals there, but I trust only established businesses like KEH or B&H. I don't like risking my hard earned money with possible scam artists. To me it's just not worth the risk.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wish I's seen this thread sooner - I just ordered a lens shade from this clown. Oh, well, it was only $6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    There are some non-eBay sites that allow to to read "real" feedback on some sellers.

The mutual feedback usually makes people really afraid of leaving bad comments even if the transaction was really bad. Some never leave feedback, too. Classic game theory.

A good site for checking feedback is http://www.toolhaus.org I always use this one to check out a seller prior to bidding.

Mike
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post

A good site for checking feedback is http://www.toolhaus.org I always use this one to check out a seller prior to bidding.

Mike

Thank you very much for that! I shall start using it henceforth.

Bruce

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just thought I'd update this thread.

After the debacle with the "interesting" Mr Wombacher "The Camera Hunter" (see the above and various consumer warning sites around the web!), I finally tracked down the Rollei 35 bits I wanted at Koh's Camera.

A couple of swapped emails ascertained that most of it was in stock except for one item. This was on order, but they couldn't guarantee when it would be coming in. I opted to wait.

Time passed...

I then received a polite email to say the item is now in stock and am I still interested? "Yes please!", I say, the deal is done and the items are shipped air mail the same day. They arrived yesterday, nicely packaged and are all absolutely ideal.

The staff at Koh's have been great - responsive, courteous, efficient and keeping me informed at every stage in the purchase of a few very minor items. Really nice people to do business with.

Thus ends the tale!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin