Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,899   Posts: 1,521,070   Online: 934

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OM2n Problem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That doesn't work!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What doesn't work? The link to the Instruction Manual or turning the battery cover?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The battery cover, it wont come off! IS there some sort of safty catch, is that what the hole is?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It should just unscrew. The battery cover is the larger of the two covers on the bottom plate. The smaller cover is for the motorwind.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It won't budge! I gave up trying because it was starting to round off!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Looks like I really do have a problem now!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    With a proper screwdriver, it is very easy to unscrew the base and check out the other side of the cover. Nothing is attached or ready to jump out.

Shooter
    35mm
    A 20p coin is a better idea for the battery cover, but don't worry about that now. Get it to an engineer and never, ever use WD40 in a camera.

I have also used Colchester Camera Repairs, the one linked to by Andy K above, and they know their stuff. An OM-2n overhaul will cost a bit more than for the OM-1 but it will be worth it, and new back & pentaprism foam seals are worth it on their own. Consider it an essential part of the running cost.

Simon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon E View Post
    A 20p coin is a better idea for the battery cover, but don't worry about that now. Get it to an engineer and never, ever use WD40 in a camera.

I have also used Colchester Camera Repairs, the one linked to by Andy K above, and they know their stuff. An OM-2n overhaul will cost a bit more than for the OM-1 but it will be worth it, and new back & pentaprism foam seals are worth it on their own. Consider it an essential part of the running cost.

Simon.
    To be clear, I was referring to the entire base cover of the camera, not the battery cover.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. I'm pretty sure OM-2n prisms don't suffer from foam rot; that problem was with the OM-1; by the OM-1N and OM-2N, the design was resolved.

2. The baseplate is held on by small screws. But I agree DON'T DO REPAIRS YOURSELF. You need to send the camera to Camtech or Photosphere (http://www.olyfix.com). I know that John at Camtech won't work on cameras that have been worked on by users, and Clint at Olyfix probably won't either. So STOP before it recovery is impossible.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin