Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,096   Online: 895

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Sharpest EOS System Lenses?

Not interested in long teles or zooms. I've got the 50 1.4 and it's pretty sharp. What else?

W,
    "Since the fact that we exist at all is nothing more than banal, we might just as well make something grand out of it …"

Francis Bacon

http://www.williamlinne.com

Shooter
    35mm
    EF 24mm/F1.4L USM and the EF 35mm/F1.4L USM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    probably all of them, what's your criteria?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just about all of the EOS series glass in the last few years is pretty darn sharp, the EF glass is really quite good, no hesitation to shoot them at all.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    300mm F2.8 is extremely sharp
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mw_uio View Post
    EF 24mm/F1.4L USM and the EF 35mm/F1.4L USM.
    I have the 35/1.4L, though I shoot it on d*gital. It's the best Canon lens I've ever used, and I've used/tried a lot of them. My second favorite is the 135 L.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think ALL fixed-focal length lenses are good, at least for films. For digital, some wide angles could use a redesign to improve, though. Even 35/2, 50/1.8 and other non-USM non-L lenses are really sharp at f/4 to f/8 range. After that, any difference to talk about is purely academic, or not even that.

The only EF lenses I would be very selective are the zooms. I would not buy any of the cheap zooms. Luckily enough, 17-40mm f/4 USM L and 24-105mm f/4 USM L are really good and reasonably priced, if you don't need f/2.8. I personally rather use primes than f/2.8 zooms, when necessary.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething View Post
    Not interested in long teles or zooms. I've got the 50 1.4 and it's pretty sharp. What else?

W,
    EF 2/135 L
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The sharpest of them all is 200/1,8, a bit hard to find, realy expensive, but REALY sharp.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin