Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,665   Online: 1182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I shoot with the Nikkor O 35 f2 and a 24 f2.8. and I like the 24 a lot, it gives you just a bit more room the 28 focal length.
    Uncle Bill, the second picture, "Serving Coffee," what city was that taken in? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally, I'd also opt for the 28mm for street shooting - even though a 24mm is my favorite WA lens in 35mm - as the best balance between angle of coverage and possible distortion. The exception might be if lens speed is an issue. A 35/2 is will be much less expensive than a 28/2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Olympus rather than Nikon equipment, but I really like using a 24mm, 35mm, 85mm kit.

Here is an example of a shot with my 24mm:

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Colour in Winter2.png  

Shooter
    35mm
    I recommend to get a 35mm lens instead of other two because it works as a nice alternative to a 50mm lens. And with these two, you don't have to worry about the frames going too wide for any shots. With a 35mm lens, you can just step back a little, and you can snap away. This only works outdoors, and the indoor situations (cafe, train/subway, etc) are a lot different.

Meanwhile, using a 28mm or 24mm lens, you really have to be in a certain distance from your subject. That means you might have to get closer than you want to. If you don't want to crop your pictures later, you crop when you shoot.

Anyway, you should try them all in a camera store or something, and pick the one you like before buying it!

Shooter
    35mm
    By the way, my current street photo kit is Nikon FM with 50mm F1.8 and 35mm F2.8, and Contax T3 (35mm F2.8) with 400 ASA film.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had the 24mm F2.8 AI it had a real problem with flare. I liked the 28 it is wide enough to feel the difference but not to wide. Once you get to 24 you have a harder time filling the frame. The 28 to get is the 28mm F2.8 AIS that is the one with the CRC
    Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have lenses of all these focal lengths and if you already have the 50mm standard lens go for the 28mm, IMHO this will give the best bang for your buck
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Ultimately, it boils down to your comfort level. I've got the 35 1.4 Nikkor (super), the 28mm 2.0 (spectacular) and the 24mm 2.0 (very good)--at least my particular lenses, doing what I do.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin