Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,616   Online: 727

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Oh no - here we go. The "battery thing".

Isn't this OT since the OP asked about the F100 which, by definition, uses batteries?

Please, take the "battery thing" over to the RF forum where they go on and on and on and on about that.....

Originating in the mid-19th century - batteries are, as yet, an unproven technology. It is why I continue to hand-crank my automobile and use a ten mile long extension cord to power my cell phone and iPod while walking around town!

Besides, batteries are BAD - everyone should use candles in a blackout - they're so much safer!
    Sorry am new around here. Didn't know I was raising some verboten topic. BTW, I use my 60GB iPod with the supplied battery.

Jerry

Shooter
    35mm
    I just shot my first roll today with my new F100. I will be taking the roll to the lab tomorrow, so I will probably get the results in the afternoon or Tuesaday.

The handling on the F100 felt good! The autofocus was faster than I expected, even with a Nikon 28-105 AF lens. I have to go over the instruction manual though when it comes to using the SB800 flash as fill flash (meter kept indicating the setting was too high when placed in "A" mode, F22, ISO 400 film outdoors). It was tough leaving my F2A at home and taking only the F100 (had I taken the F2A I would have been tempted not to use the F100), but the idea was to see how well it handled.

On a side note, I discovered something interesting about my Nikon 28-105 AF-D lens: in Macro mode it actually focuses down to about 2 inches! I have had this lens for about a year now and never really bothered to use it much other than the ocassional zoo trip or family gathering. I have owned several Nikon zoom lenses in the past with the "Macro" designation and it has been my experience that they are not true macros. This lens, on the other hand, totally surprised me! I have praised it in the past for its outstanding sharpness, now I can add that it is a true Macro as well! Just thought I'd throw that in here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used my F100 to shoot sports assignments before changing over to *. A superb camera with a really comfortable body design. A Canon user I know complimented it as being one of the best all-around camera designs. I've used an F2/motor, F3/motor, F4, FE, N90 and 8008s. The N90 and 8008s were backup bodies, took an enormous amount of heavy use and continued to work well-so you'll probably be quite satisfied with your F100.
    Good luck!
    Brian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ehparis View Post
    Sorry am new around here. Didn't know I was raising some verboten topic. BTW, I use my 60GB iPod with the supplied battery.
    About what? Nothing to be sorry about, there are people who don`t like the power source, the truth is one, without batteries the darn thing is useless, off, Kaput!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    The autofocus was faster than I expected, even with a Nikon 28-105 AF lens.
    Congrats on getting started! If you haven't read this http://www.bythom.com/f100.htm give it a look. Especially the footnote about the custom settings. I also have the magic lantern guide, but I'm not sure it is ncessary.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    Congrats on getting started! If you haven't read this http://www.bythom.com/f100.htm give it a look. Especially the footnote about the custom settings. I also have the magic lantern guide, but I'm not sure it is ncessary.

Best,

Will

Thanks for the link! Interesting note regarding the autofocus selector. I disabled the autorewind option as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    About what? Nothing to be sorry about, there are people who don`t like the power source, the truth is one, without batteries the darn thing is useless, off, Kaput!

Cheers

André
    Yes, indeed it is Kaput.

And your point is?

Snegron is asking for info about the F100 which only functions WITH batteries. So bringing up a commentary about how someone only uses cameras that do not use batteries is, by definition, OFF TOPIC!

That was my only point.

Both of us have been around here long enough to know the battery thing can become an endless rant and ruin a thread that may, for those of us who own a F100, otherwise communicate some info we'd like to know!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Yes, indeed it is Kaput.

And your point is?

Snegron is asking for info about the F100 which only functions WITH batteries. So bringing up a commentary about how someone only uses cameras that do not use batteries is, by definition, OFF TOPIC!

That was my only point.

Both of us have been around here long enough to know the battery thing can become an endless rant and ruin a thread that may, for those of us who own a F100, otherwise communicate some info we'd like to know!
    "Oh no - here we go. The "battery thing".

Isn't this OT since the OP asked about the F100 which, by definition, uses batteries?

Please, take the "battery thing" over to the RF forum where they go on and on and on and on about that.....

Originating in the mid-19th century - batteries are, as yet, an unproven technology. It is why I continue to hand-crank my automobile and use a ten mile long extension cord to power my cell phone and iPod while walking around town!"

And your point was?:rolleyes:
    Why such an arrogant answer?:o
    Relax!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The F100 is kaput without film, too. So pack extra film and batteries!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You need a Nikon mount compatible lens too :-)
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin