Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,627   Online: 1073

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    A bit of the history of the lens starts here on the mir.com site:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography.../micro55mm.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its a good thing you got the newer lens and not the older non-ai lens. The non-ai lens will not fit the FM camera. My older 55mm Micro will only work on my older F2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera and lens arrived today, and they both seem in great shape. I'm anxious for some daylight to take some pictures with them. Both are pretty straightforward, except for the flash. Anyone know offhand what level of flash automation the FM2 and AI(S) lenses support? TTL? A? or just Manual? I have SB-28 and a SB-50DX flashes. I don't have manuals for anything except the SB-50, and it doesn't mention the FM2.

Apparently it supports the A and M modes. I'm not sure how A differs from TTL, but have ordered the manual so that should tell me.
    Last edited by johnnywalker; 01-03-2007 at 01:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: new info
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Manual for FM2n and FM2 at the link below. Have fun!

Nikon FM2(n) - Instruction Manual Index Page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Johnnywalker,
    The Nikon flash units don't provide ttl operation on this camera,
    The small contact in the hotshoe is for a readylight in the viewfinder.
    You can use any standard flash with it auto operation would be dependent on the flash.
    Oh yeah, watch the synch speed when you use flash. The flash doesn't set it for you.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I purchased the non-AI version new as my first extra lens (prior to tele or wide) and am very happy with and still use it for general as well as macro photography. There should be an auto extension tube with it which allows focussing down to 1:1 with auto diaphragm and TTL exposure determination with the built-in meter, although with the tube it will require stop-down metering.
    Last edited by harveyje; 01-14-2007 at 11:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: append the note
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin