Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,354   Online: 970

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Bruce, It's "PANORAMA CAMERA CENTER" 124 West 30 Street, NY,NY 10001

Tel (212) 563-1651 They are opened Mondays through Fridays from 9:00am to 6:00pm. And on Saturdays during the winter 11:00am to 3:00pm.

They are licensed. Good Luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have G2, N1 and 645 with all lenses.
    Both cameras and lenses are very good. Presently the film equipment is so inexpensive that one can experiment with it as much as he/she wants.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used a 167MT for some years for air photography. It is a little gem in that role. It's quick and (so far) reliable. The glass goes without saying. There is less mirror/shutter shock than any other SLR I have used, but I don't really like it on the ground because it is rather noisy. That might not bother some and the only other sin it shows is that the batteries just stop, with no warning that they are weakening.

David.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft View Post
    I have used a 167MT for some years for air photography. It is a little gem in that role. It's quick and (so far) reliable. The glass goes without saying. There is less mirror/shutter shock than any other SLR I have used, but I don't really like it on the ground because it is rather noisy. That might not bother some and the only other sin it shows is that the batteries just stop, with no warning that they are weakening.

David.

What is the battery life like on your 167MT?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe 45-50, 36 exp films. You would probably get more on the ground, where it's warmer, but I am often working in sub zero conditions. I tend to change batteries around every 2 flights (approx 30 films) just to be sure, then get the rest of the life out of them in my PDA and an assortment of TV, video and projector remote controls.

David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I´ve been using several Contax SLR´s since 1992, including 167MT, RX, AX & Aria. They are all excellent cameras in every respect. Ergonomy and build quality is as good as it can be. AX is a quite big camera of course, and will not be ideal for small hands. Conversely, Aria might be somewhat smaller than optimal for big male hands. I find the Aria difficult to handle when using heavy lenses and/or heavy shoe mount flash. I will recommend Aria for travel/documentary when shooting in available light with light/moderate weight lenses. When using the Aria together with the "pancake" Tessar 2,8/45 the whole kit is only a tad bigger/heavier than the G2 with same focal length.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any comments on the RTS or RTSII?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 2 Contax RTSII cameras, one of them has a long roll motor back. I have been using them since the early 1990s, they are excellent cameras.

I also have an RTSIII and it is an excellent camera, as well.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    What is the battery life like on your 167MT?
    I did much better than 40 rolls on a set of batteries in the 167, but then I was using the P5 battery holder with it, that lets you use AA instead of AAA batteries, and as previously noted, I wasn't shooting out the back of an airplane at 10,000 feet. If you want a 167mt, find one that has the P5 battery holder. It also serves as a nice vertical grip, balances the camera better, and centers the tripod socket on the lens axis. Why they ever put the tripod socket out at the end like that on the original stock baseplate is beyond me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin