Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,511   Posts: 1,543,571   Online: 1092

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby1923 View Post
    "NAA" has already kicked in. God save me! My lenses are sitting on my kitchen table and I am itching to get home from work. I am already thinking to myself “Maybe I should get that second F2, or that F3HP at the camera shop before it is gone, and what should I get for a wide angle, a long lenses, and maybe a 100-300 zoom?”

Now what should I shoot first…

Take care,

Dave M

Quit while you still have hope! Whatever you do, don't touch a Nikon F3HP or a Nikkor 35mm 2.0 AIS! It will only lead to wanting to own them immediately. The F3HP (especially when coupled with the MD4 motor drive) has an unaturally solid and professional feel, perfect balance, much too perfect in the hand to resist any temptation not to buy it. Also, the 35mm 2.0 AIS is very sharp and feels like it was meant for the F3HP. The F3HP has an allure not seen in any other Nikon camera! I can't seem to put mine down! I love my F with FTN finder, F2A, F100, FM2n, and even my five other Nikon DSLR's, but none compare to my F3HP!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am guessing any Nikon lens with the “Rabbit Ear” will meter on my F2, and any AI lens will mount. So I could put an AI, AI-S, or, AI-E on it?
    It is probably not an issue, now that you have purchased lenses, but you don't need AI lenses with that camera, just make sure that it has the rabbit ears. Of course, when you find that you just can't help yourself and buy an F3 or FE2 it will be nice to have lenses that are fully compatible, so perhaps the AI versions are the best bet.

Edit: Here is a good site with a nice chart of body/lens compatibility. http://www.nikonlinks.com/unklbil/bodylens.htm
    Last edited by Paul Sorensen; 12-29-2006 at 01:21 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I am going to sell a very nice 28-85 3.5 AIS macro zoom lens with hood/filter very soon. This is a lovely all-around lens for outdoor use (or indoors with a flash). Let me know if you are interested.

willie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    quit now, lest your collection start to look like http://www.shelbyvilledesign.com/mfnikon.jpg (note that there isn't an F2 in the pile, yet...)

erie

"NAA" has already kicked in. God save me! My lenses are sitting on my kitchen table and I am itching to get home from work. I am already thinking to myself “Maybe I should get that second F2, or that F3HP at the camera shop before it is gone, and what should I get for a wide angle, a long lenses, and maybe a 100-300 zoom?”

Now what should I shoot first…

Take care,

Dave M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I am going to be purchasing a 24mm lens soon, maybe a 135 soon after that and an FM2n is tempting me ALOT... A Hotshoe would be a nice thing.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave, find an AS-1 and you can have a hot shoe easily enough, they should be cheap, KEH has them for 2.50 (BGN) to 7.00 (EX), though you'll need to buy a few odds and ends to make up for the $12.00 or so shipping cost.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The beauty of Nikon is that there was so much made, that prices are pretty reasonable, even for lenses outside of the 28-50-135 trio. The 300mm ED-IF manual focus is down to reasonable, and wides out to 20mm won't kill your budget either.

On the other hand, the best cure for NAA is put them all in a bag and carry them around for a day. At that point you begin to think, "well, an FG with the 43/86 can't be all that bad, can it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the other hand, the best cure for NAA is put them all in a bag and carry them around for a day. At that point you begin to think, "well, an FG with the 43/86 can't be all that bad, can it?"
    That's high on the list of why my 35-105 is one of my favorite lenses. But a 20 is light too, and doesn't take up much room.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    "well, an FG with the 43/86 can't be all that bad, can it?"

Actually it isn't.

I have a 43-86 NAI that I converted to AI a few years ago and it isn't bad. It's not a killer lens, but I found it more than acceptable and, yes, I did use it on an FG a few times.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fparnold View Post
    The beauty of Nikon is that there was so much made, that prices are pretty reasonable, even for lenses outside of the 28-50-135 trio. The 300mm ED-IF manual focus is down to reasonable, and wides out to 20mm won't kill your budget either.

My current bag weighs 27 pounds and is filled with only my "essential" Nikon equipment! Still no sign of a cure for NAA...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin