Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,398   Online: 738

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On a recent trip, I followed my own advice, to a point. I put the 24, 300, and F in the bag, then gave the rest of the space over to a C220 with 65 and 105 mm lenses.

End result: nice pictures, but wondering why I didn't take up weight-lifting in college. If I could get a true wide-angle for the C220, I'd leave the F behind entirely. Anyone got a biogon 38mm in shutter lying around? (I know; the real answer is split the difference and get a Norita-66 to replace both of them.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fparnold View Post
    The beauty of Nikon is that there was so much made, that prices are pretty reasonable, even for lenses outside of the 28-50-135 trio. The 300mm ED-IF manual focus is down to reasonable, and wides out to 20mm won't kill your budget either.

On the other hand, the best cure for NAA is put them all in a bag and carry them around for a day. At that point you begin to think, "well, an FG with the 43/86 can't be all that bad, can it?"
    well, if it makes you feel better, my stantard travel case for my 35mm outfit weighs 67#, and I still leave a few things out. Then again, the tamrac bag only has a small portion of that in it at any given time, but I don't worry about what I left at home, as all the glass comes with me.

erie

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This Nikon outfit covers most situations for me: F100 and F80 (for its built-in flash.) Lenses: 20/2.8AF-D, 24-120AF-D (I know it's not the best, but the focal length range is wonderful and it's not too big), and the unbelievable 80-400AF-D-VR. Of course, one could always add the 28/1.4AF-D for available light, if money were no object.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats, you have the best of the Nikon slr's and probably one of the best 35mm slr's ever made.
    Just give in and keep buying the stuff, you just can't have too many!
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby1923 View Post
    Well I am going to be purchasing a 24mm lens soon, maybe a 135 soon after that and an FM2n is tempting me ALOT... A Hotshoe would be a nice thing.
    Hold off on the 135 just yet. Take a look at the 105 f/2.5 first. It is an impressive lens, much more so than the 135.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Hold off on the 135 just yet. Take a look at the 105 f/2.5 first. It is an impressive lens, much more so than the 135.
    Or look at the 100/2.8 Series E. It's 99% the lens the 105/2.5 is, and much cheaper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mawz View Post
    Or look at the 100/2.8 Series E. It's 99% the lens the 105/2.5 is, and much cheaper.
    Not that much cheaper. I got my 105/2.5 for about $70 US. Beautiful lens.

There is a 135/2.8 E that is an excellent lens, but mine had some fungus damage so I got an AI 135/2.8 to replace it.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin