Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,918   Online: 887

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

One issue solved now Nikon Lens questions.

If you saw my “Another what camera should I buy question” thread you may know I was looking into manual focus 35mm cameras. Well the photo gods brought me to a beautiful Nikon F2 with a DP2 finder at my local Camera shop today. It looks to be well taken care of, the store manager said the meter did not work, but I changed the batteries and now the finder lights up so maybe it does.

Now I have a nice camera body and no lenses. Looking at used Nikon lenses they all look foreign to me. I am guessing any Nikon lens with the “Rabbit Ear” will meter on my F2, and any AI lens will mount. So I could put an AI, AI-S, or, AI-E on it? Just want to make sure before I go and buy some lenses.

Dave M.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try here...Link!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome just what I wanted.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just ordered a Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4 and a Nikon AiS f3.5 35-105 zoom from Keh. I even paid for UPS overnight (I want to shoot my new Nikon!). I will tell every one how it works out.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby1923 View Post
    I just ordered a Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4 and a Nikon AiS f3.5 35-105 zoom from Keh. I even paid for UPS overnight (I want to shoot my new Nikon!). I will tell every one how it works out.
    Congratulations on your new F2! Unfortunately the F2 does not come with a much needed disclaimer indicating that the use of such an outstanding camera coupled with prime Nikkor lenses can lead to NAA (or Nikon Aquisition Addiction).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby1923 View Post
    I just ordered a Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4 and a Nikon AiS f3.5 35-105 zoom.....
    My 35-105 Nikkor is very sharp, and I think it is one of the best zooms Nikon ever made. It also gives better performance than my 24-120 and 28-200 AF Nikkors.
    —Eric

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I own and have used extensively two of those Nikkor 35-105 AIS gems. They have never disappointed me. I even shot a couple of weddings and bar mitzvahs with them. I also have two of the 35-105 AF models, plus a 35-105 AF-D. They are all very, very sharp. The AIS versions are also built like tanks, I might add, but balance and handle perfectly on an N2000, FA or FE2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see other 35-105 fans, it's my favorite as well.
    With those two lenses, you don't need much else, except for maybe a 20 mm, a fast 105, a 180, a...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    .....you don't need much else, except for maybe a ....fast 105......
    YES! The 105/1.8 is an incredible lens!
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "NAA" has already kicked in. God save me! My lenses are sitting on my kitchen table and I am itching to get home from work. I am already thinking to myself “Maybe I should get that second F2, or that F3HP at the camera shop before it is gone, and what should I get for a wide angle, a long lenses, and maybe a 100-300 zoom?”

Now what should I shoot first…

Take care,

Dave M
    Carl Sandburg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin