Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,915   Posts: 1,521,765   Online: 1079

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sticking with the theme of the thread again, for 35mm it's simple. Without a doubt, the Contax G2 and the 21mm. Sure there are plenty of shots I'd have to pass on because it's TOO wide, but I've also seen where when traveling, 70% of my shots in a day were made with that lens, which translates into 2+ rolls per day. For film, it used to be Fuji Reala - now it's Ektar 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am going to go with my Nikon N80 and a nikon 18-200mm VR.

Shooter
    35mm
    Absolutely amazing! I posted the original challenge here 5 years ago! Interesting thing is that now I'm torn between my original choice of a Nikon F3HP/MD4 with 35mm 2.0 AIS and my Nikon F with FTN metered prism/ 50mm 1.4 AIS. While the focal length is different, the 50 seems to have been created for the F. The more I use my old F, the more I love it! I sometimes feel like I'm cheating on my F3HP when I use my old F!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Easy for me. Bessa R3M and Nokton 40/1.4. I would substitute the flash for my digisix. I only own two cameras and two lenses. The Bessa and a Mamiya C220 with 80/2.8 and I am contemplating finding a good home for the Mamiya as I hardly use it and haven't for months.
    Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LudditeJay View Post
    Easy for me. Bessa R3M and Nokton 40/1.4. I would substitute the flash for my digisix. I only own two cameras and two lenses. The Bessa and a Mamiya C220 with 80/2.8 and I am contemplating finding a good home for the Mamiya as I hardly use it and haven't for months.
    Big difference in film size though. The C220 is a classic and venerable workhorse. My wedding was shot with a C220 many years ago!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Big difference in film size though. The C220 is a classic and venerable workhorse. My wedding was shot with a C220 many years ago!
    I agree. My C220 is also in great shape and it's an awesome camera. I also have a paramender for it, but I almost feel like it is going to waste sitting around while I use my Bessa. I have only contemplated it, it's not for sale yet .

I've grown to enjoy street shooting and I love being able to stick my R3M, digisix, a couple rolls of film, two filters, some bottles of water, and sandwich in my F-2 and be able to carry it around for hours or a whole day at a time without any problem.
    Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will go with OM-1 and a 35mm zuiko.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tempting to say my Nikon F2AS with 50mm f2 chrome nose Nikkor but for sheer flexibility, lightness and the recent CLA it would have to be the Canon A-1 with 50mm f1.4. Program, AP, SP and meterless manual modes for my sunny 16 moments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today it would be Canon EOS 1V with 24-70mm f2.8L lens... And Arista EDU Ultra 400 in XTOL.
    Tomorrow it could be a different camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doing this, except I'm using two lenses. A 35mm rangefinder, with a 35mm and a 50mm lens.
    Packed away the Hassey.
    Packed away the Pentax.
    Packed away the pinhole.
    Packed away the 5x7.
    For one year.

Helps me focus on the pictures instead of the camera, and THAT is a good thing.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin