Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,847   Online: 954

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Well - not quite in the same camera league as the above posters, but my choice is between an Yashica Electro 35 GT with its 1.7 45mm or a Canon Elan 7E with a 1.8 50mm. Both are fun to use and with my level of 'expertise', both would provide enough challenges for some serious problem solving. So, my choice is going to be the 7E on manual of course.

Edit: forgot the flash, onboard or Canon 200EX.
    Larry
    Bessa L, Electro 35 GSN, Elan 7NE, Olympus XA and XA2, Digital Rebel XT

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad 500 C/M with the standard 80mm lens, no flash, Ilford FP4+ film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    David White Stereo Realist (non-removable 35mm lenses)

Shooter
    35mm
    Not too much of a challenge for me at this point in my life in photography.
    I have just completed one year with the Nikon F6 and the 50mm f1.8 AFD. Happy Anniversary to us! That was my first year of photography with my first camera, btw, although I did tinker a little bit with an FM3A just before that. I desire and have plans to acquire other pieces of gear, especially in the way of lenses, but plan on turning to the 50mm focal length as much as possible. It's a prince. My next long term relationship is with the 85mm focal length, I think. Another full year? Possibly. I don't like the perspective of the shorter focal lengths, or at least I should say that I don't understand how to use them, but am game to learn. In any case, the
    one camera/one lens challenge is, in my opinion, an extremely important part of the growth process, as a craftsman and as a photographic artist. Rites of Initiation, and all of that.
    What would Dziga Vertov do?

Shooter
    35mm
    Think my choice will be a Nikon F with eye level finder and a Nikkor 50mm f1.4 lens, no flash. This is not a terribly unique setup but one which I think will challenge me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've actually tried to pare down my choices in formats and tools over the last year. I'm finding it's less distracting. I know this is in the 35mm forum, but he said I had to throw all but one cam down the sinkhole! Besides, I see a few 'blads & the like mentioned.

Since I don't burn through a volume of film any more, my current choice is my 4X5 Anni Speed with a 135/235 Schneider mounted. It lets me shoot handheld/mounted/macro/flash/landscape/portrait/sports, you name it and it'll do it passibly. I don't have to "finish the roll" if I've got just one or two shots I'd like to get right on. Contact prints are a great help organizing photo files, and give a wealth of filtration/exposure info for enlarging. I only usually go to 2X enlargements, so great tonality & grain....even at 3200.

Seems to work for me....anybody know why my arms are always tired & my backs been acting up lately? It is a little heavy :>)

Shooter
    35mm
    F3HP with 50mm f1.4
    Sandra

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No choice necessary! Leica O serie w/ non-interchangable 5cm Elmar 3.5 Using TX400@800 for best flexibility. I'm in the process of selling all my 8x10 stuff and Keeping-It-Simple from now on.

Bruce

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What I would save from a sinkhole (or landslide, far more likely here) is the Carbon Infinity, and the 180mm Convertible Symmar.

What I use when I bring only one camera and one lens is a different matter - that's the Bessa-L with 21/4 Color-Skopar. That's because I bring it to the offshore oil rigs, where tripods are impractical, space is tight, and batteries unpopular. I can take the batteries out of the Bessa and still have full functionality (except metering, which I can live without).

Will I do it this month? No. But that's because I'm going to a rig where use of cameras must be approved in advance, by the head office. No chance of that going through in time, so no camera this time.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    since this is in the 35mm area ... i would have to say
    leica m3 and 50mm suma ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin