Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,947   Posts: 1,585,919   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Parts for Strobonar 770

Neeed help in locating a source for parts for my strobonar 770 flash. The capacitor has finally give up the ghost and I hate to just toss the whole thing in the trash. So anybody go any tips as to where I might obtain this critical part. It would also help to know what the actual value of the capacitor is i.e. uf value and voltage rating. Two values have been written on it 9.7 and 550. So is a 9.7 uf(microfarad) 550vdc capacitor or a 9.7vdc 550uf capacitor? I may be able to obtain such an item locally and cobble it in if I knew the correct value. Any help is much appreciated.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Large Format
    It would have to be in the 500+ volt range as it directly supplies the voltage to the tube.

Luckily, the service manual states the part as:

C3a, part # 73000929-001, Description: Capacitor, electrolytic A-450-650 ufd, 500 VDC

Shouldn't be too hard to find a modern replacement...

Make sure it's dead and discharged before you play with it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a source for generic information on repairing strobes; http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/strbfaq.htm

As RichSBV points out, be very careful, capacitors that large hold lethal charges.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin