Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,580   Posts: 1,545,760   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Solid bodied 35 w/incorp't flash

I'm looking for a solid traveling camera that has the pop up incorporate flash. I believe the Maxxum 9 does; Anything else?

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a lot of choices, including the Nikon N50 I keep in the car. Do you have a lens mount preference?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    There are a lot of choices, including the Nikon N50 I keep in the car. Do you have a lens mount preference?
    I've got a N80 now and I don't see it as a robust body. Minolta's would seem stronger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the problem will be pop up flash equals consumer grade. Which tends to mean not that sturdy.

I guess you really want to avoid adding a small flash to a non-popup flash camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    I think the problem will be pop up flash equals consumer grade. Which tends to mean not that sturdy.

I guess you really want to avoid adding a small flash to a non-popup flash camera?
    Exactly. I do have a small Metz that I like, but it's not TTL or anything. The SB for my Nikon makes it very top heavy.

Although incorporated flashes have a pretty small GN, they still are pretty useful for the family snaps. I've gotten use to my N80 without having to add a SB light to the top or side. Overall I really like the N80, I have two of them, but I just need a body that can take the bumps and bruises when traveling the harder roads. I thought perhaps that Canon might have something but I don't see anything from a pro perspective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keep an eye out for the Agfa 383cs. Not very heavy. Four AA. Takes all Metz SCA 300/3000 modules. So it supports TTL. Can be pretty cheap. My record was $1 -) Mounts to the side of the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    the Maxxum 7 is also a pro camera with a pop up flash and has the benefits of Minolta's wonderful wireless flash with the 3500xi through the 5600HS.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by unohuu View Post
    the Maxxum 7 is also a pro camera with a pop up flash and has the benefits of Minolta's wonderful wireless flash with the 3500xi through the 5600HS.
    Any benefits of going up to the 9?

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wayne,

The N50 is pretty solid, though consumer grade in its features, much more solid than the N65, for example. It's also really cheap at KEH.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

7 vs 9

Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Any benefits of going up to the 9?
    More fps, a sturdier body (professional and heavy). It may not be capable of using the newer Minolta G lenses. I never owned the 9, and was always pleased with my 7; having owned an original 7000i, a 5000, 800si, 600si, 3xi, 7xi and finally the 300si (a p/s with changeable lenses). I would compare the 7 to the F100 without the actual heft needed.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin