Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,565   Online: 1052

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 35mm Folders

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maiko9 View Post
    Which lenses do you have on the Voigtlanders?
    Both of these cameras have the F2 Ultron but the colour Skopar is very good as well. Some shots with the Vitessa on my web page, just click on classic cameras.
    Tony

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Retina has a very important place in photographic history. It popularized 35mm photography in a way that few expected because of Kodak's introduction of the daylight loading cartridge that is pretty much the same one that we use today.

The Retina encompasses a lot of cameras and body styles from fixed-lens zone-focus and rangefinder folders to interchangeable front-element folders and an SLR to an interchangeable-lens rangefinder and four SLRs and a fixed-lens rigid-front rangefinder (IIS).

Great cameras -- except for the final Retina (S1), and a real variety of available lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Retina IIa... Recovered using a kit from CameraLeather.com. A great "walk-around town" camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IIa.jpg  
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    The Retina has a very important place in photographic history. It popularized 35mm photography in a way that few expected because of Kodak's introduction of the daylight loading cartridge that is pretty much the same one that we use today.
    I would argue that the introduction of the standard cartridge with the Retina unlocked the door to popular use of 35mm, but that it was the availability of the Argus A model at $12.50 that opened it. The folding Retinas were not inexpensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler View Post
    Retina IIa... Recovered using a kit from CameraLeather.com. A great "walk-around town" camera.
    Your Retina looks great! Which kit is this? Did you do this yourself (if so, how difficult was it?), or did you farm out the job? I've been toying with the idea of doing the same to my IIa, but don't know if I have the patience or skill to do the job correctly myself. Maybe I'll ask my "CLA Guy" if he'd tackle it.

P.S.-Also like the placement & material of handstrap..... Is it homemade?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin