Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,831   Online: 840

Thread: off brand flash

Shooter
    35mm

off brand flash

does anyone know who makes this flash unit? all it says on the front is "blacks 66c". i know it is from Blacks photo store in Canada and i think th "C" rpresents for Canon use. the original owner said it was around 1990 when he bought it. just wondering if anyone knows the original manufacturer? Thanx for your time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lowest bidder? If you've got a picture maybe it looks like something else.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanx Nick, new to this computer thing. i'll try to send a pic as soon as i can

Shooter
    35mm

off-brand flash

pics of unknown flash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5207.jpg   IMG_5208.jpg   IMG_5209.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

C isn't necisarily Canon here

I have a C40 from Blacks (rather had - it just died last week) It was souced from a thrift - Value Village for $1, so lack of documentation for it wasn't a problem.

It was a hot shoe flash that also came with a detachable 6" pc socket cord. When the pc cord was plugged into the flash the hot shoe contact was disabled.

It had a manual setting, with a guide number in feet at 100iso of 80, and also had two auto ranges using the on flash photosensor. There were (at 100iso) for f/56 and f/8 as I recall- not too useful, being just a stop apart. The C40 also did not have any sufficient light confirmation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would help if we had a photo of the bottom of the hot shoe. That would indicate whether the flash was a "dedicated" model - i.e. designed for use on a particular line of cameras.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm

hotshoe pic

from the looks of it, it has the 5 pin configuration of Canon. i was just wondering if it is okay for my rebel 2000 and elan 7n. hoping to get some backround on it (user manual etc).

thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5211.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin