Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,186   Online: 1188

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinP View Post
    Not much use to you personally but for readers in the UK I recommend http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/ very quick and very high quality.

Cheers, Robin
    Any ideas about price? I was considering using Peak to process some 120 colour since Snappy Snaps wants an eye-watering amount and nowhere else locally does 120 without going into Central London.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paullgj View Post
    Highly recommended - formerly The Slideprinter, now Denver Digital Imaging:

http://www.theslideprinter.com/

Thanks for this link! I will be sending them a few rolls soon to try them. Do they handle Fuji Velvia well?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A&I

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Thanks for this link! I will be sending them a few rolls soon to try them. Do they handle Fuji Velvia well?
    They are excellent with all processing of Fuji slide film. What they really excell at is prints from slides - they have three levels of scanning from Fuji Frontier to drum scanning. I do my own scanning of the slides, then send them the digital file for supergloss prints on Fuji Crystal archive paper.

I use mainly Astia, not Velvia, and have had no problems with the Slideprinter. Their prices are reasonable, also.

Shooter
    35mm

More about the Slideprinter

I forgot to add, that the manager of the Slideprinter, Suzie Matthews, will definitely talk to you on the phone if there is any kind of problem. They still give personalized one on one service.

Shooter
    35mm
    For Ektachrome/Kodachrome I buy Kodak mailers from B&H. I have sent slides to Slideprinter, Dale Labs and others with mixed results and some outright disasters. Kodak seems to do the most consistantly good work with my slides. $8.95 per mailer.

Shooter
    35mm

mail order horror story

O.K. so i had earlier recommended a&i, now i'm not so sure. Having spent the better part of $350 on gas, food, lodging, film & processing on a trip to Death Valley, I shot 3 rolls and sent them off to the lab. 2 of the 3 rolls are presently lost in the return mail!

My recommendation? If the images are important, you're probably better off doing your own processing.

FWIW

John

Shooter
    35mm
    dr5 has an e-6 line now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin