Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,466   Posts: 1,570,714   Online: 994

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I started with a Rebel 2000 and quite liked it. A very decent camera at a reasonable price. However, as many others on this thread have indicated there are many better cameras at a similar price point if you're willing to go used. I dumped my 2000 for an EOS3 about a year ago when one came up with the grip for $350CAD! That was the price I paid for my 2000 when it was new. A no brainer really. You can go that direction if you want the AF/AE etc. as many, many pros are dumping their really good film SLRs for dSLRs at our gain and their loss. Wooohoooo! Hooray for film.

Good luck.
    Wesmore Digital
    www.wesmoredigital.ca

Shooter
    35mm
    I actually went ahead and about a Nikkon N55.. with 28-80mm lense

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The N55 and K2 are pretty comparable. Both have similar weakenesses and an unimpressive kit lens (The Nikon lens is sharper, but is still low-contrast and has a tendency to CA issues).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Canon 28-80 is one level above a Coke bottle. The body is OK. When and if the K2 begins to malfunction, just dump it and buy another one. Remember: the lens makes the photograph. The body just keeps the film flat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Alright, thanks

I am taking back the camera now, i tried loading film, it ate every damn role. i even went by the manual. still eat them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    Alright, thanks

I am taking back the camera now, i tried loading film, it ate every damn role. i even went by the manual. still eat them.
    Eats film? Just hope the camera doesn't get argyria.

Shooter
    35mm
    When I say eats film, I mean it literally does, I loaded it up with film (THE RIGHT WAY!!) and I closed the back-door, and it'd act like it was taking the film, and i'd get an error, so open the door back up, and it winded the film all the way in the roll

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The low end cameras prewind the film, and then advance the film backwards into the cartridge.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

That's what it's supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    When I say eats film, I mean it literally does, I loaded it up with film (THE RIGHT WAY!!) and I closed the back-door, and it'd act like it was taking the film, and i'd get an error, so open the door back up, and it winded the film all the way in the roll
    The K2 loads film by winding the entire roll onto the take-up spool. Then, each exposed frame is wound back into the cassette. In case the back is opened by accident, no frames which were shot are ruined.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl K View Post
    The K2 loads film by winding the entire roll onto the take-up spool. Then, each exposed frame is wound back into the cassette. In case the back is opened by accident, no frames which were shot are ruined.
    No, This one did the opposite, i would put them film in, close the door, and it would wind for a second, click and give me an error, and then wind back, i'd open it up, and the film was all the way in the canister.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin