Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,527   Posts: 1,543,946   Online: 1087

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    So far so good. I like how the AF works.. And I also like how I can manually focus it. Also, Being able to open up the aperture and it automatically setting the shutter speed. I will post some pics up when I get them developed.
    Don't put too much faith into the autofocus. It can suffer accuracy problems.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by reub2000 View Post
    Don't put too much faith into the autofocus. It can suffer accuracy problems.
    I know.. it's been VERY hit or miss...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    I know.. it's been VERY hit or miss...
    That's not what I meant. If it's sometimes focusing, then that probably means that there isn't enough light, or your trying to focus on something with no detail. Use the center focus point, because it can focus on both horizontal and vertical detail. If your in a dark place, raise the flash so that it can fire an af-assist beam.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    Electronic gremlins... This is why I prefer my cameras to be of the mechanical variety. The job of a camera is conceptually very simple: hold the film in a light-tight container, open the shutter for a particular duration, move film on one frame. Repeat until end of film, then rewind. What does one gain by handing over any of the above to electronics? In my opinion, nothing whatsoever. And one stands to lose a lot, as evidenced by your N55 experience.

Get a mechanical camera. They're cheap and plentiful on the used market, vastly higher in materials and build quality, and do the camera's job so close to perfectly that it's not worth worrying about their individual flaws and drawbacks. If you still want a Nikon after your N55 problems try an FM2N.

Well said.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin