Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,541   Online: 1089

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    Or, I have this problem with cameras:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...01-24A_002.jpg
    Looks to me like overlapping frames and a sticky vertical travel shutter. So you may want to have your film advance and shutter both checked. Is this at all shutter speeds and on all frames?

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Looks to me like overlapping frames and a sticky vertical travel shutter. So you may want to have your film advance and shutter both checked. Is this at all shutter speeds and on all frames?

Lee
    It doesn't do it on all pictures, Just a few of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It doesn't do it on all pictures, Just a few of them.
    You can do some checking on your own. Check your negatives to see if there is no gap between frames on occasion, or if the frames overlap to some degree.

Take the lens off the camera and open the back. Look at a light source through the body from the back as you fire the shutter at different shutter speeds. If you look through at a TV or computer monitor using higher shutter speeds, you can see bands as the screen is scanned. Make sure you can see these across the full frame and that they don't change width across the frame. If they darken, disappear, or narrow toward one side, you have a shutter timing problem. It looks to me like one of your shutter blinds (perhaps the trailing one) might be dragging and overexposing at least part of your frame. This might happen only at some shutter speeds, or perhaps intermittently, maybe when the shutter hasn't been fired for a while.

This is difficult to diagnose from what you've posted, but your image suggests these as possibilities.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    You can do some checking on your own. Check your negatives to see if there is no gap between frames on occasion, or if the frames overlap to some degree.

Take the lens off the camera and open the back. Look at a light source through the body from the back as you fire the shutter at different shutter speeds. If you look through at a TV or computer monitor using higher shutter speeds, you can see bands as the screen is scanned. Make sure you can see these across the full frame and that they don't change width across the frame. If they darken, disappear, or narrow toward one side, you have a shutter timing problem. It looks to me like one of your shutter blinds (perhaps the trailing one) might be dragging and overexposing at least part of your frame. This might happen only at some shutter speeds, or perhaps intermittently, maybe when the shutter hasn't been fired for a while.

This is difficult to diagnose from what you've posted, but your image suggests these as possibilities.

Lee
    Yes, It does do that in a BAD BAD way.. At times the frame will be REALLY thick, or BARELY visible at times. Thicker on one end at one shot, sometimes closed almost all the way.

How do I fix this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, It does do that in a BAD BAD way.. At times the frame will be REALLY thick, or BARELY visible at times. Thicker on one end at one shot, sometimes closed almost all the way.

How do I fix this?
    Never mind Guys... I got really frustrated with something earlier and I threw it across the room... all the shutter blades kinda crinkled.... it's trash now. oh well, i just bought a yashica with 25-80 mm lense.... and I still have my minolta SRT200 that needs some glass

Anyone interested in a Kalimar 80-200 mm lense, and a basic 55mm lense?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's another vote for the canon eos 3.
    For what you get,they're good value.
    Ok,the eos 1 does have a couple of advantages,but even at current ebay prices I still don't think they're wort the extra price.
    Besides,which eos1?
    Over the years it's been updated several times.
    But there's only ever been one model of eos3-they got it right first time!
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    35mm
    If I have a ton of money coming into my bank every month and a stable job, I'll go for Canon's 1V or Nikon's F6 (maybe buy a couple of Nikon's prime lenses too). But since I have neither of those, I can only invest up to maximum of US$300 for a film body, hence a used EOS 3 or a new Elan 7N (was considering the Nikon F100 but then I would have to buy some Nikon lenses so that's an added cost).

I chose the Elan 7N over the EOS 3 because I shoot some church events, and having the loud shutter clicking during worship isn't practical. But I'm kinda missing having a spot-meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you raised your price range quite a bit, you could consider a Leica R7 or R8.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never mind Guys... I got really frustrated with something earlier and I threw it across the room... all the shutter blades kinda crinkled.... it's trash now.
    Nice! I am not alone!

No offense, but this camera would have cost well more than its value to get repaired, so if throwing it across the room made you feel good, it was worth it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    Nice! I am not alone!

No offense, but this camera would have cost well more than its value to get repaired, so if throwing it across the room made you feel good, it was worth it.
    It was Kalimar K-90... I should have read, or asked about it before I bought it.. apparently those are crappy cameras..

And it would have.. seeing how the flash hotshoe was broken off.. and the shutter was fudged

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin