Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,805   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    It sounds like you want a beater. If so, the well-regarded Sigma 24/2.8 MF is cheap used (<100US), comes in a variety of mounts, including Adaptall. Solid build, focuses to a few inches, high resolution, a bit soft at edges. The AF version reportedly has a bad motor.

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/24mmc...m_groupc6.html

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd go with the Nikon body of choice and purchase a 24mm f2.0 AIS lens (about $250.) and a 35mm f1.4 AIS lens (about $400.).

Good quality optics. Both available used.

Also known as fast and faster.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, I'd get the Sigma 24/2.8 Superwide II and a body to match (I'm partial to F mount). Excellent optics (as good or better than the AI-S Nikkor except at minimum focus distance).

Otherwise the ZF or ZM Zeiss optics would be my choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is some indication CV will replacing the current 25mm Skopar with an M mount rf coupled lens. I have read that this may be released sometime in April of this year. Again this is some internet "buzz" but has some credibility due to the fact CV has ceased production of the very popular 25mm Skopar.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A friend and shooting companion of mine uses the 25mm CV Skopar and it is an excellent lens. The only problem I have with it is that it is not coupled to the rangefinder. I suppose CV decided to design the lens without rangefinder coupling to meet a certain price point. I think they're on the right track if there are plans to release a version of this lens with rangefinder coupling.

But if it's a wide lens for an SLR you want, then I can recommend the AI (or is it AIS) 24mm f/2.8 Nikkor. Very nice and sharp without too much of the barell distortion one usually finds in lenses of this design. I like mine. Granted, they are a bit more expensive than eqivalents from Canon, Pentax, Minolta, et. al., but they are a lot more affordable than the Zeiss glass. In any case, real world variables will likely swamp the differences between lenses of similiar focal length from the major players on the market. Pick one that appeals to you and use it. If you don't like it, sell it off and try another.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another vote for the Zuiko 24mm f2.8. It's small and cheap. I got it for $100 from Ebay. I don't like it wide open, but it performs very well stop down. Since I don't shoot 35mm film anymore, I use the lens with a full frame canon digitoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin