Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,510   Online: 776

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    A good lens for landscape may be a bad lens for portraits and vice versa. It all depends upon what look you are after.

So a good lens may be a bad lens sometimes and a bad lens may be a good lens sometimes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    The question of what makes a good lens is so subjective as to make the question moot. One could argue resolution, contrast, intangibles like bokeh, etc etc. You will get as many opinions as posts. It all comes down to what the photographer likes.
    I hold with this. Even NO lens, i.e. a pinhole, can be the best lens.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the best lens might actually be the one stuck between outside and your brain
    without that (lens) it might be tough to make the aux lens work
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A "good lens" is a lens that has a good balance of what I need. A "good lens" is a lens I carry the most and gives me what I want.

It is not possible for a given lens to be good at everything. A lens cannot be light, bright, sharp, distortion free, have a widest zoom range, have THIS and THAT.

I tend to like lens that have some reasonable zoom range (not super zooms or prime), sharp (Yes, I want SHARP), without extreme and ugly distortions, and LIGHT. Lightness is important to me. In terms of sharpness, I only want it to be sharp enough to take full advantage of the media I'm using. I could not care less about resolution figures being the best.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin