Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,111   Online: 967

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    F4s....all the way. Solid, reliable, a workhorse that will never let you down, reasonably priced (used, finally), compatible with any accessories. How fast does the AF have to be, anyway??
    I have two Canons, only by choices I had to make earlier because of $$. The next one is an F4s....period.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Andrew
    Another source of info on the F5
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...onF5/index.htm
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

I have both and much prefer the F4s. I can't tell you why. It just feels better in the hands.

The only problem with the F100 is that there is no manual rewind knob. I am not sure what happens if it doesn't rewind for some reason. That always scared me.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg View Post
    I have both and much prefer the F4s. I can't tell you why. It just feels better in the hands.
    I kinda-sorta agree.
    I have both a F4 and a F5 and I put my only auto focus lens on the F5 and the rest on the F4, which has a kinda-sorta in-focus indicator that I use and it works.
    Bobby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About a year ago, I was offered an F5, at a price very near to what I could get an F4S from KEH. After only a short time, I decided on the F4S. One thing I like is that you can see all the settings without powering the camera on. Other than that, it is well balanced, despite the weight.

If you will only be using autofocus, you might find the F5 to be a better choice. If you want to mostly manually focus, I would suggest the F4S. Honestly, there is little to no difference in the metering, and you actually get a few more options using non-chip (no electronic sensor) lenses on the F4S.

I shoot more 4x5 now than 35mm, but when I needed to shoot 35mm, the F4S is the first body I grab. I also have the waist level finder, and several different focus screens to choose; accessories can really improve your shooting options.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Someone mentioned the EM. It was my first love, but it was robbed from me on the Moscow underground a couple of winters ago. Great for walking around with, as it is small and looks amateurish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the F4s (and the F2 and F3) and would prefer the version with the smaller battery holder, F4 without s.

I waw yesterday on the flea market and one gay had an F, F4s, F5 (and a lot of other gear, RB67, Mamiya 23, plate cameras, etc.) unfortunately at delusory prices.

I looked trough both the F4 and the F5 and it seemed to me the F5 has a much bigger viewer.
    Unfortunately both had different focal lenses on them and the one from the F4 could not be removed. This means I couldn't really judge it, but the viewer of the F5 looked definitevily bigger to me.
    Can somebody with both the F4 and F5 confirm (or infirm) this?

Shooter
    35mm
    If you guys look at the date, I think He's made his decision by now

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I dunno,some people really take their time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nobody can answer my question?
    Is the wievfinder of the F5 bigger than the one in the F4?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin