Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,955   Online: 1042

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of our Nikons (at least those with meters) are pretty much within 1/3rd of a stop to my Gossen Ultra Pro with the exception of my wife's D50 - it's usually almost a full stop under in any of the auto-exposure modes.

I wouldn't obsess too much about getting 1/3rd stop or so meter accuracy without knowing how accurate the shutter speeds are in the body...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ranging from my original Nikkormat FT-2 through my F3's; F-100's and F-5's (as well as a D-70 and D-100) I've found the meters all to be quite consistent compared to each other.

I'd be concerned that all this says is that Nikon meters tend to agree with themselves. But when using my shoe-mounted CV digimeter - I get readings w/in a half-stop across the group of gear.

For my "amateur" purposes, this is reasonable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin