Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,511   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I personally dont use a strap
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ehparis View Post
    I''ve found the Op-Tech straps useful for several years. The QD releases work as advertised. The real advantage is how they distribute weight. I've used the "pro" model with Nikonians.org on it and it never slips and makes the camera feel quite comfortable. My measure of success, regarding weight, is the Nikon F with 300mm f4.5 I carry around from time to time. The model made for Nikonians is about 2.5 inches in the middle and with such weight description combined with a flexible strap it makes all the difference in the world.
    Where can I find this strap? I went to their webpage and looked at the different models. They sort of resemble the strap I recently purchased. The website does not mention how much weight can be carried with their straps though.
    Last edited by snegron; 02-19-2007 at 04:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's the results of a B&H search:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...x=10&image.y=5

There are over 100 Op-Tech straps per the search.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have several OpTech camera straps. When I recently got an F4S, I felt the stretch and weight distribution on my neck could have been a little better. So I got the wider version with the extra support piece across the neoprene, and it stretches less and is more comfortable.

If it states OpTech on the strap, then it is the real deal. There are quite a few similar straps out there. I once bought a non-name knock-off of an OpTech; after about two years the neoprene ripped at the stitching, and I nearly lost a camera.

Other good brands are Porta Brace, KATA, and Petrol. All those companies make professional video gear straps and bags. While more expensive than OpTech, many of the choices will handle even more weight. If you will have a really heavy lens on the camera, like a 300mm f2.8 (or larger) then place the strap on the lens for better balance.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    I only ever use a strap to wrap around my wrist in the event the camera slips out of my hand. APUG advertiser Gordy (http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/) makes leather straps to order.

Cheers, Bob.
    I just discovered his straps about three weeks ago. I bought two wrist straps and one neck strap.
    I love them.
    Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively View Post
    Here's the results of a B&H search:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...x=10&image.y=5

There are over 100 Op-Tech straps per the search.
    Thanks for the link! I think that their Pro Loop Camera Strap model seems like it will fit my Nikon bodies. Anyone have any ideas how much weight this strap can hold before the quick release buckles give out?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking at the B&H link, the Pro Loop Strap is the one I recently got for my F4S. Already used it on a few location shoots, and it is quite comfortable.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

I should have mentioned LowePro camera straps too. They are also quite nice, though I find the OpTech to be more comfortable.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The wide Op-Tech is great if you`re using a heavy kit around your neck, and need the relief. If you using it with a lighter kit and carry it on your shoulder, the Op-Tech is terrible, it slips no matter what and is (IMO) useless, as you always have to go with tense shoulders to keep it up.

The very best for shoulder use is the Upstrap, no other straps I`ve tried grips so securely to your shoulder.
    It`s just great! It`ll stay in place even if you`re dancing tango in your silk robe
    Amund

Shooter
    35mm
    Upstrap's the best. They've super grippy and never fall off, yet.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have many Domke Grippers. There are narrow and wide Domke Grippers.

I am not a fan of the neoprene straps because 1) the camera bounces too much, and 2) in hot weather, they make your neck perspire like crazy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin