Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,590   Online: 857

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At one time--and maybe still--Nikon made a great little narrow strap. It came in gaudy Nikon yellow or black, it was a continuous nylon strap with metal adjustment buckle and it was the most secure camera strap I've ever owned. Once you attached it securely to a piece of equipment, it wasn't coming off easily. I bought those black straps for everything--all my Nikons, my binoculars, my Leica rangefinder, my Mamiya TLR--everything that needed a strap. Then cameras got bigger and heavier and lenses got faster and heavier and straps got uncomfortable or they got wider. I eventually ended up with the Op-Tech straps on almost every camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    I only ever use a strap to wrap around my wrist in the event the camera slips out of my hand. APUG advertiser Gordy (http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/) makes leather straps to order.

Cheers, Bob.
    I recently purchased one of Gordy's neck straps for my Leica M2 and it's beatifully made. Other than being very functional, it also gives the camera a nice "retro" look.

I have my doubts about how comfortable they would be on a heaver body with a zoom lens, though.

All my other cameras wear Domke Grippers and I recommend them highly for their comfort and strength.
    Rich

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin