Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,288   Online: 822

Shooter
    Multi Format

16mm film, stil available?

I did not know what forum to post, so I went for this one.
    I have seen a 16mm camera from the 50's and it seems and intersted tool to me. My question: is it still possible to feed these cameras?
    Thanks for helping me out!, kind regards game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll need your own cassettes to load, but 16mm film is plentiful in color and B&W. Check out subclub.org for details about what type of cassettes go into which camera and whether or not you need single, double or no perforations on the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for the link, very nice!
    one question still, do you use special 16mm for photocameras? or is it the same stuff you feed your moviecamera with and needs it to be clipped in the correct lenghts in the dark?
    I am a complete novice, so sorry for the lame questions...
    Thanks game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaska View Post
    You'll need your own cassettes to load, but 16mm film is plentiful in color and B&W. Check out subclub.org for details about what type of cassettes go into which camera and whether or not you need single, double or no perforations on the film.
    Do yourself a favor and avoid the cassette loading cameras; find a 100 foot daylight spool loading camera. They are very easy to locate and you can still buy factory loads on 100' daylight spools.

Ironic thing is, a $50 16mm camera and a $15 load of film give you performance equal to the best 2K dig*t*l camcorder.

Viva la film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi game

some of the cassettes are really hard to find.
    my uncle had a mamiya 16 from the 50s, and
    from what i remember the cassettes were worth GOLD
    compared to the camera ...

good luck!
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I asked this question a month ago or so. Here is the link.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum45/3...ovie-film.html
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    [QUOTE=Kino;437330]Do yourself a favor and avoid the cassette loading cameras; find a 100 foot daylight spool loading camera. They are very easy to locate and you can still buy factory loads on 100' daylight spools.

Ironic thing is, a $50 16mm camera and a $15 load of film give you performance equal to the best 2K dig*t*l camcorder.

We are talking about a 16mm subminiature still camera, not a 16mm movie camera, are we not?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Karl K;437782]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    Do yourself a favor and avoid the cassette loading cameras; find a 100 foot daylight spool loading camera. They are very easy to locate and you can still buy factory loads on 100' daylight spools.

We are talking about a 16mm subminiature still camera, not a 16mm movie camera, are we not?
    NO, I am not; I was talking about a 16mm movie camera; thats why I compared it to a camcorder...

The secondary question was IF you could use movie film in a 16mm submini -- to which the answer is, yes, of course.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin