Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,528   Posts: 1,543,956   Online: 1068

Shooter
    Multi Format

AF illumination SB26&28 with F100

On my SB28 (used on F90X) I turned of the AF Illumination but it seems that it still light when used on F100. I can't figure out how turn it of on the SB26. Does F100 have a custom function for that or is it on the flash. I havn't tried the SB26 on the F90X yet.
    Sorry for the mishmash english
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It's been years since I have had an SB28, so I'm trying to go from my poor memory. I do have F100 cameras. I use SB-800 strobes now. I never turn off the AF illuminator.

It might be that the SB28 will use the AF illuminator when the F100 is set for auto-focus. Try turning the camera to manuel focus to see if the illuminator turns off. Also try moving the strobe head up to bounce position. I've noticed some strobes will turn off the illuminator when the strobe head is positioned off its locked centered forward flash position.

When in doubt, read the manuel.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The SB28 manual descripes the issue and I dealt with it and there is no problem when used on my F90X. As mentioned It could be the Red Eye dingie thats the trouble with the SB28/F100 combo. I just read about that in the F100 manual this morning and turned that off. The SB26 manual does not mention anything about the AF ilumination so I don't know if possible or how to deal with it. I don't like the red light and neither does my usual suspects eh subjects
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format

Update

I found out
    The AF asist on SB26 can't be turned off.
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin