Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,846   Online: 1087

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon FDn 85mm 1.8, I already have one, but it was so cheap (£39 about $65 US) I thought it's cheaper than getting the existing one repaired if it ever needs it, and this is the lens I use more than any other.
    Ben

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Canon EF 50 f/1.8 for my little Rebel T2, which I won on eBay for about $150 (the camera, not the lens). Usually I prefer my Nikon FM2n when using 35mm, but the Canon Rebel deal was too good to pass up. I'm not a fan of zooms (all my Nikon lenses and Hasselblad lenses, of course, are fast primes), but the Canon came with the "kit" 28-90, which is OK as zooms go. But being a tradionalist, I just HAD to have a fast standard lens for the little Rebel. The 50mm should be arriving today, and it will give me two extra stops of range with the little built in flash--which I will rarely use, but when I need it, I need it.

Nikon 70 200 VR the sharpest zoom lens I have ever owned and yes the VR does work 15th sec at 200mm with about a 75% sucsess rate.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A 200 mm Pentax from Clocktower Cameras in Brighton-just 70 notes and nice and compact. has it's own built in lens hood as well, which is one less thing for me to lose....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Canon FD 70-210 f4 to let my A-1 see a little farther.

DaveT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    SMC 50mm f1.4 m42 for my Spotmatic II.

Shooter
    35mm
    You'll love the Canon 50mm 1.8. Although its build is a bit low and plasticky, it's sharper and focuses faster than most of Canon's more expensive zooms. I love my "nifty fifty"!

Quote Originally Posted by PatTrent View Post
    A Canon EF 50 f/1.8 for my little Rebel T2, which I won on eBay for about $150 (the camera, not the lens). Usually I prefer my Nikon FM2n when using 35mm, but the Canon Rebel deal was too good to pass up. I'm not a fan of zooms (all my Nikon lenses and Hasselblad lenses, of course, are fast primes), but the Canon came with the "kit" 28-90, which is OK as zooms go. But being a tradionalist, I just HAD to have a fast standard lens for the little Rebel. The 50mm should be arriving today, and it will give me two extra stops of range with the little built in flash--which I will rarely use, but when I need it, I need it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just picked up a purple Nikon F5 strap with a Nikormat FTn on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Always more specific

These polls seem to always get more and more specific... "What fixed focal length, 120mm image circle, non-Tessar design lens"...

Anyway, last SLR lens purchase would have to be a 40mm Distagon for Hasselblad. Ah ha! See, no mention of 35mm in THIS poll...

Last 35mm lens purchase was a 50mm Noctilux (not SLR, sorry) which turned out to be a lemon - so I can tell you where NOT to buy used Leica gear in Milan.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin