Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,044   Online: 782

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Need body for AIS lens.

I picked up a 19mm Vivitar lens and am looking for a rather cheap/small/hardy body that I can dedicate the lens to. Unfortunately the lens doesn't meter on my N80's and I'd like something with a meter. Btw, let me know if you have anything sitting around needing a home.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F4...hardy, but not small. I have one, but You'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    EM. FG. FG20. FM10. All small, light, inexpensive.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The FGs were problem-prone IIRC. Not so cheap, but look for an FE2. Gorgeous little bodies, handle well, very reliable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The older Nikkormats (e.g. FT-2, FT-3 or EL series) were built to last forever and make excellent back lens caps for AIS lenses!

And they only cost around $50 to $75 nowadays!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd go with an FE or EM. The latter if you can live with aperture priority only.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Nikon EM I keep planning to sell - works fine, but I have too many Nikons.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    check out John White's page at aiconversions.com for a full list of what bodies meter with it and and how. AIs work as manual focus/aperture prioity on some of the autofocus cameras. I'll second the comments on FM's and EL's. EL is built very well, aperture priority and the battery is easily available, unlike a lot of 60's/early 70's automatic cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that the FM or FE would be great and super cheap. The FE2 and FM2 are better, and a little more expensive. If you want something a little more pro oriented and are willing to pay more, perhaps an F3, without a motor, its not that big, but plenty stout.
    Last edited by Paul Sorensen; 03-08-2007 at 06:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    I have a Nikon EM I keep planning to sell - works fine, but I have too many Nikons.

Apart from querying the concept of "too many Nikons" (is such a thing possible?), I'm amazed your EM is still working – mine fell to bits years ago.

I think the OP would be well-advised to get an FE2 for reliability, ruggedness and getting the most out of his AIS lens.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin