Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,260   Online: 814

Shooter
    35mm

Nikkor 28mm or 24mm?

Any suggestions, comments, or feedback regarddig the Nikon manual focus 24mm 2.8 AIS or the manual focus 28mm 2.8 AIS? Which has a better reputation for sharpness, durability, less flare? I currently have a Nikon manual focus 35mm 2.0 AIS (outstanding lens in my opinion) and I'm looking for something a bit wider. Shots will be landscapes and all around wide angle shots.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you have the 35mm, then you'll be fine with the 24mm f/2.8. Don't get the 24mm f/2.0.

28mm is too close to 35mm.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    I reckon a Nikon 24mm would be a fantastic lens for so many applications and without doubt, excellent quality. I too have a Nikon 35mm and a lesser-make 24mm and the two lenses are fine with no need for anything in between, in my opinion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with the 24/35 combo. An excellent pairing.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both the pre- AI 35 f2 and the 24 f2.8, both are super lenses to work with, I don't really miss the 28.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Large Format
    I agree with Bill, the 35 and 24 seem to cover what I need them to cover. Never missed not having a 28. YMMV

John

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like all votes are for the 24! Thanks for all the feedback, I just placed an order for a 24mm 2.8. I was reading that the 24mm was one of the first lenses Nikon employed their CRC system. That's probably why it is supposed to be so sharp up close. Hopefully it will get here before the weekend so I can go out shooting with it. Thanks again!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 28/2.8 AI-S is optically better(less distortion, sharper in the corners), but the 24 is more useful given that you already own the 35/2. The 24/2.8 is a very good lens nonetheless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well How about the 28 f/2.8 AIS close focus ability. Thats what I am missing. I have the 20mm f/2.8 and the 50mm f/1.4. When I started out I had the 50mm and a 24mm Sigma and then I didn't miss the 28mm or the 35mm for that sake. I found the gab betveen the two to be ok. Being a sucker for wideangle closeups I do miss the ability to focus as close as 18cm(24mm Sigma) or 20cm(28mm f/2.8 AIS) though.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin