Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,496   Online: 1107

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Nikon?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I owned/own an FE, FA, F801 (N8008), F90x (N90s) and F100. Although the F100 was technically the most advanced and durable of this cameras, I really enjoyed my F90x the most. Considering the cost of picking one of this units is very inexpensive, they are now the best deal in town.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 03-14-2007 at 09:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    35mm
    depends on the need.
    fm2 , if you want full manual control

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by timeslicer View Post
    Nikon FA with a 105 f2.5. Beautifully balanced and relatively lightweight. Top quality, and now thanks to digital very inexpensive.
    http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20186046.html

you mean that?

and the lense:

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20242557.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The camera body is listed as a FA, but it looks to me like a F 2.

So it's been said that Lens & Shutter of Vancouver BC had a huge stock of new FM10 cameras late last year; just a thought.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    The camera body is listed as a FA, but it looks to me like a F 2.
    if you read closely, It said that the image isn't the actually product.

There are a few F100s on there for "cheap" But I want something with an AE setting, Because I hate fooling with the Ex setting all the time. or maybe it's just all the manual cameras I had broken/not working properly light meters and i was always getting bad readings causing the photo to not come out right????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    if you read closely, It said that the image isn't the actually product.

There are a few F100s on there for "cheap" But I want something with an AE setting, Because I hate fooling with the Ex setting all the time. or maybe it's just all the manual cameras I had broken/not working properly light meters and i was always getting bad readings causing the photo to not come out right????
    The F 100 has AE, I did not mention it before as I was thinking about the $300 cap. The F 100 is a truly excellent camera and if you can swing a F 100 I would give it some thought. I have a Sigma SA 7 and 9 which work well for my traveling kit after my F 3 system was ripped off at LAX after 911, at the time I did want to invest in a F100 or 5, but with current prices the F100 is very tempting, even if I need to buy lens. .

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's an N90s over in the Photonet classifieds for $120 in Ln condition. You couldn't do better at that price.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.....

I've got a FM2n, FE2 and a F5.

If you want MF the FM2n offers full manual and the battery only operates the meter. The FE2 offers auto shutter speed as well as the ablility to use exposure compensation +/- 2 stops but you need the battery to operate the shutter except on M250. Both offer flash sync up to 1/250. I really love both of these cameras.

If your looking for AF I only have experience with the F5. Great camera.
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    35mm
    The F601 (N6006) is a good option and was in production for a few years so there are lots about. It was introduced before the bottom range cameras got much much more plasticky. Has built in flash and more or less everything else you are likely to need. Don't know what they fetch in the US but over here they can be got (body only) in the range £25-£60 (about $45-$110) depending on whether you buy online or go to a dealer. Lenses seem to go for a lot more than bodies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin