Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,959   Online: 949

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Nikon?

Shooter
    35mm

Which Nikon?

Yea, Looking into getting a Nikon... But which one? I hope to get something an Auto-exposure setting so I can play with the aperture without worrying about fussing with the exposure and messing up rolls of film.

So which Nikon should I get... And what's the best lense for it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm AF, MF or the best of both? Whats your subjects? How good are your eyes? Whats your pricerange?
    For static things you Come a long way with manual focus so the FE and FM line will do. Some swear by the F3(HP) which has interchangeable wievfinder etc. The HP finder is larger and brighter so its easier to work with.
    I have a FE2, F90X and a F100. The finders in the AF bodies are much better than the FE2 finder so they are easier to focus manually too. The AF is quite fast in both F90X and F100 though faster in the F100. So the FE(2), FM(2(N)) or an AF body like the F90X or F100 would be my sugestion. Some say the F100 is the best film body ever made. As For lenses see this site.
    http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html. Which lens to choose depend on you choice of subjects but a good one could be the 50mm prime ( Im not into zooms)
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just checked your posts. Why another camera? Why not use the ones you got already and make some pics?
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Just checked your posts. Why another camera? Why not use the ones you got already and make some pics?
    Cheers
    Søren

Took the Canon back... it broke, Needed the money to.

The Kalimar died.. The shutter got broke.. The Minolta.. well, it's MIA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Hmm AF, MF or the best of both? Whats your subjects? How good are your eyes? Whats your pricerange?
    For static things you Come a long way with manual focus so the FE and FM line will do. Some swear by the F3(HP) which has interchangeable wievfinder etc. The HP finder is larger and brighter so its easier to work with.
    I have a FE2, F90X and a F100. The finders in the AF bodies are much better than the FE2 finder so they are easier to focus manually too. The AF is quite fast in both F90X and F100 though faster in the F100. So the FE(2), FM(2(N)) or an AF body like the F90X or F100 would be my sugestion. Some say the F100 is the best film body ever made. As For lenses see this site.
    http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html. Which lens to choose depend on you choice of subjects but a good one could be the 50mm prime ( Im not into zooms)
    Cheers
    Søren

My eyes are good, I like AF.. but can use MF. My subjects vary.. most of the time i am doing portraits... So I want a decent zoom lense with good aperture so I can get the Focus FX I want.. (Ex: Person in CLEAR SHARPNESS, and the background blurred)

I am usually outdoors... so a flash really isn't needed, but would be great.

Price range?? Hmm.. I really don't want to spend no more then $300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want limited debth of field you need a fast tele, something like a 85mm 1.8 (2.0 will do) for portraits, a 135 f/2.8 wont be a miss either,
    or the 180 f/2,8 and If you have the money and can find one the 105 f/1,8.
    That should fullfill your tele needs. You probably still want something with a wider angle so the 50mm (again) and a 28mm either the 2.0 or the 2,8 AIS (20cm focuslimit) gives you good image quality. A package with either of the 28mm's the 50mm f/1.8 and a 85 or 105mm and the FE2 or FM2 is light compact and good quality. My first Nikon was the F90X and I quickly added up so I had a 24mm(Sigma) the 50mm and a 105(Sigma macro) although the Sigma were quite good they didn't give the image quality of similar Nikors.
    I now have the 20, 50 and 85mm AFD Nikors and though I miss a 28mm they do almost everything I want from them. I'd recommend you stick with a three glass kit for liteness and ease of operation.
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [

Price range?? Hmm.. I really don't want to spend no more then $300[/QUOTE]

A N 8008 with standard mid range zoom, 28 to 80 will under $300.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    [

Price range?? Hmm.. I really don't want to spend no more then $300
    A N 8008 with standard mid range zoom, 28 to 80 will under $300.[/QUOTE]

You can also add N 65, 75 or 80. All seem to be dirt cheap at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    You can also add N 65, 75 or 80. All seem to be dirt cheap at the moment.

Probably because they are about due to expire?

An FE2 with a couple of reasonably fast prime lenses should do what Dana44 wants – NOT a zoom as even an expensive one (one that will more than blow your budget) will only give a max aperture of f2.8, plus a whole load of distortion...

I find AF cameras hard to focus in manual mode due to the plain screen. This especially a problem with wider angle lenses. Come to that I'm not overwhelmed by their capability in AF mode either.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Richard Kelham;442068]Probably because they are about due to expire?

From I read at Nikon the only film camers still in production are the FM 10 and F6, which is the reason that they are very inexpenisve.

It seems that a FE2 body alone is about $250, add a couple of primes and you are well over $300.

I dont like AF much myself but a good clean N 75 or 80 is a lot a camera for the money.

On the other hand a Nikormat with non AIS lens will last forever.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin