Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,127   Online: 1161

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is great news. While I don't have a personal need for this camera, it's nice to see someone introduce a new film camera model. While it may not be as "robust" as older Nikon gear; this should be attractive to young folk who, while they are interested in traditional photography, are otherwise turned off by the idea of used equipment.

Shooter
    35mm
    I found Phenix's English website:

http://www.phenixoptics.com.cn/engli...ra%20Equipment

It's a Chinese company that makes camera bodies with the mounts for Nikon F, Minolta MD, and more. It seems like it has been around for some time with this lineup. No wonder cheap cameras get made and distributed world-wide.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Phenix was and maybe still is a camera-store brand for Ritz Camera in the U.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not sure about Ritz, but the Phoenix 35mm in K mount is sold under a couple of differnt brands, Vivatar is one. I think one model with a Monolta mount has a winder, I saw it listed at a Camera store in Phily last year. From the rebranded Vivatars I have seen the FM-10 is a much better camera. But any port in the storm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    http://www.eyeopte.com/phenixdcdc.html

I think the Kenko's camera is an OEM model of one of these cameras by Phenix.

EDIT: http://www.eyeopte.com/dnek01.html

This is the one I think. Very identical.
    DN-60, exactly ?
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Damn!
    Looking at both pictures it must be Phenix DN-60.

Sorry for making noise
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko View Post
    Damn!
    Looking at both pictures it must be Phenix DN-60.

Sorry for making noise
    No, don't be sorry. Thanks for bringing up the Kenko article. Actually this is an interesting turning point: We are shifting to use Chinese products more and more, and that's a necessary change in the market that we are in, I think.

Cosina has stepped the up the same ladder that Phenix is about to step up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you firecracker.

What made me excited was that if they had a own camera body, since they already have Tokina lense as one of the group company there would be an interesting opportunity.
    I dream Tokina makes NEW MF lense for Nikon F mount SLRs with recent technology, even though I am a canon shooter.
    However, Kenko has Tokina lense, Slik tri-pod, Kenko filters offcourse, camera meters from Minolta, Metz flash as an agency in Japan and now have a camera. It must be interesting to keep an eye on them.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko View Post
    Thank you firecracker.

What made me excited was that if they had a own camera body, since they already have Tokina lense as one of the group company there would be an interesting opportunity.
    I dream Tokina makes NEW MF lense for Nikon F mount SLRs with recent technology, even though I am a canon shooter.
    However, Kenko has Tokina lense, Slik tri-pod, Kenko filters offcourse, camera meters from Minolta, Metz flash as an agency in Japan and now have a camera. It must be interesting to keep an eye on them.
    About Kenko, I don't know what their agenda is, but if they kick Phenix's butt a little and help them make good usable cameras, I will grab one or two and scrape off their names and use them! The current Phenix SLR lineup only has mid-to-low range cameras, and they just look some poor copies of other manufacturers' products, so they need a little more technical support to become next Cosina or something better.

I'm just sick and tired of big camera manufacturers' arrogance and laziness in their services (if you are talking about Canon and its head Mitarai's poor treatment of his workers, etc), so we need a new comer that saves us a little.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Phenix bodies look like direct copies of the Cosina SLR of the late 90's (FM10, Ricoh KR-5sv, Vivitar V3000)

TLR

Shooter
    35mm
    I have seen one of these cameras with the Clairex brand in it. The body is metal, but... the tripod mount is plastic. There is a model with 1/4000 top shutter speed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin