Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,651   Online: 1101

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

New Nikon F mount camera from Kenko

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/ot...3/15/5850.html
    Sorry it's in Japanese. Some pictures are at the end of the page.

Takes Nikon Ai lense, build-in meter, manual exposure only.
    Full mechanical shutter, B, 1 to 1/2000, X=1/125.

It's always a good news that someone makes new film camera
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting, cost and or availability?

This could be the go for me as a second camera since my FE2 appears to be on it's last legs after another heavy drop from the back of a motorcycle.

Mick.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It looks like a metal body camera ?
    Street price? My Japanese is worse than my ancient Greek.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Price has not been announced. The news says it's going to be available in summer. (I meant summer in Japan).
    And yes, it's metal body.
    I don't know who actualy makes this camera, could be cosina, could be Kenko them self.
    It's going to be shown at camera show soon. Some additional informations should follow.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having a closer look at the lens mount, it appears to be very close to the FE, not FE2. There is a flip up lever which would allow the fitting of the non AI lenses, which would put it on a par with the FE and F3 bodies.

Someone has to manufacture a cheap(ish) replacement body, otherwise 35mm photography will just die when all of the old bodies fall apart. This looks like the start of a small revival that really has to happen. Young photography students around the world are all looking for manual basic cameras, so far Pentax and Nikon bodies have been their best bet, this looks like good timing.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice, but O! the location of the PC synch socket is unfelicitous. I can't imagine dealing with it each time film is wound.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko View Post
    Price has not been announced. The news says it's going to be available in summer. (I meant summer in Japan).
    And yes, it's metal body.
    I don't know who actualy makes this camera, could be cosina, could be Kenko them self.
    It's going to be shown at camera show soon. Some additional informations should follow.
    You know this camera reminds me of the old Minolta XD and XE bodies for some reason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Someone has to manufacture a cheap(ish) replacement body, otherwise 35mm photography will just die when all of the old bodies fall apart. This looks like the start of a small revival that really has to happen. Young photography students around the world are all looking for manual basic cameras, so far Pentax and Nikon bodies have been their best bet, this looks like good timing.

Mick.

Don't forget that Nikon (or rather Cosina or whoever) is still producing the Nikon FM10. That's pretty basic!

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Someone has to manufacture a cheap(ish) replacement body, otherwise 35mm photography will just die when all of the old bodies fall apart.
    http://www.eyeopte.com/phenixdcdc.html

I think the Kenko's camera is an OEM model of one of these cameras by Phenix.

EDIT: http://www.eyeopte.com/dnek01.html

This is the one I think. Very identical.
    Last edited by firecracker; 03-16-2007 at 08:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard, I agree with you, however in this country the Nikon is supplied with one of two zoom lenses as a kit, you can buy the body alone but it is quite expensive. So far it has been cheaper to purchase second hand Nikon bodies and a lens or two when and where they become available.

A student recently looked into getting a new body but was quoted around the $570 AUD mark for a kit, with a small reduction without the lens, she ended up getting an FE2 and two prime lenses that she was really after for $640

I'm assuming that this camera will be available for a reasonable price body alone or with a lens for a reasonable extra.

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 03-16-2007 at 08:12 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: punctuation

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin